Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've been thinkin about turboing my 89 xj with a 4.0 in it. I figured I would use a small turbo from a EVO or wrx something along those lines, use the 23 lb/hr Ford injectors. Ny question is what should I do with the map sensor? Im planing 5-8 pounds of boost, which I'm assumin will make the stock map go crazy. Any tips? Previous experience? Leads to a good turbo renix build threat?
Any help would be great

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
not exactly homebrew but google 505 performance for some ideas.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've read up on 505 its all on the newer style injection systems. They suggest swapping out the renix system.before turboing, I'm not interested in that hassle

·
Registered
46 Posts
I turboed my old renix. It liked boost. Ran 6 psi. The stock map sensor held at 5 volts when under boost. I ran dodge ram 24 lb injectors and a vortech fmu in the return line. Thats it. Had a wideband on it and the ratio stayed in the high 11's while under boost. If you have any other questions email me at [email protected]

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks madmax, that helps a lot I was worried about the map.. did you do anything with the ecu?

·
Registered
361 Posts
How are you going to tune it? I'd talk with your tuner about what to use
You generally don't NEED to tune until higher boost numbers. Same if you were doing a stroker, you can get away with a pretty nice stroker motor before you need to tune anything.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I didn't touch the ecu. It held up its on end. I ran a good old ebay turbo (3 years and still going strong). T4
With a 60 compressor and a .96 for the exhaust. I drag and road race mainly so that turbo soils a little slow to spool. Just fyi. Good for daily driving though.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Thinking about doing one on my tj too. Keep us posted

1 - 15 of 15 Posts