61 - 71 of 71 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
AFTERMARKET4X4

Thanks for all the R&D!
One question

do you have any issues with running lean on part throttle/closed loop boost? meaning, the FMU sees boost, FMU increases pressure, adds fuel, o2 sees rich and pulls fuel?
Not normally but I also removed the FMU and did more tuning (FMU I used kept it running a little rich) and the only real issues were from turning the boost up above the threshold where the MAF is maxed out at 5v causing a lean condition and detonation... so keeping it at or be.ow 6 psi without additional supporting mods is important to longevity.

·
Registered
10 Posts
He’s saying that you’ve increased your tire size, and most likely didn’t regear anything. Putting lower gears in your differential will help your issue.

However, turbos are awesome. So do that too.
Ive looked to see where these gears can be found but without luck, any links please?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Great information and a sweet build! I'll have to stash some of this knowledge for my dad's tin top Sami when we tune it up a shade ;)

·
Premium Member
2,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #71 ·
Awesome build! Can anyone please explain where the turbo water feed/return lines are routed? Thanks!
the 1.6 16v has two water lines which run to the top of the air intake. I simply removed them and extended them to the coolant lines on the turbo. Very fast and simple!

Motor vehicle Gas Electrical wiring Auto part Wire

61 - 71 of 71 Posts