Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Iam trying to figure out how to hard wire some turn/stop/run lights on my buggy and its kickin my ass. I bought a turn flasher. Its a two prong. I dunno what is going on. If someone has a wiring diagram on how to make all of this work. I dont have the stock wiring from the vehicle. So i need to know how to make the stop, turn, and runnin lights work. I will go buy different flashers or whatever i have to. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
572 Posts
And you need turn signals on your buggy,why?

·
Registered
233 Posts
this is how I wired mine. Easy, no need for diodes.

double throw toggle switch
power to switch
one wire to each of (Two) blinker relays
one wire to each of (two) blinker lights
ground each blinker light

Just get a simple toggle mount it so it switches sideways, get two 2wire blinker falshers, get two seperate blinker amber lights.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well i bought two flashers, they are two prong. I was going to use one on each side. But when i put the flasher inline with the power nothing happens. The turn signal just stays on. I just need a wiring diagram of what someone else has done and i will do that. so long as it works. thanks

·
Registered
3,383 Posts
I know one of the poison spider bruisers up in moab a couple years ago had a simple 3 way momentary switch mounted by the driver that he used to flash the turn signals manually. Push the switch one way, one signal came on, the other way, it lit up the other one. When let go it returned to center-the off position. Simple and basic. If I ever needed to make a buggy street legal here in AZ, that's how I would do it. You need to remember to turn a switch off anyway to keep from looking like grandpa with his flasher always on, might as well make it automatic unless you really need it to flash.

·
Premium Member
9,603 Posts
Yota_Junkie said:
well i bought two flashers, they are two prong. I was going to use one on each side. But when i put the flasher inline with the power nothing happens. The turn signal just stays on. I just need a wiring diagram of what someone else has done and i will do that. so long as it works. thanks
Two prong falshers work with the separate stop and turn signals. You need a 3 prong flasher.

You will have to figure out which wires are what on your column, but here is a diagram I used on my truck.

http://www.film.queensu.ca/cj3b/photos/tech/signalstat/figa.gif

A PO installed a signal stat sigflare900, this is the diagram I used to hook it up.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
you need a motorized flasher to flash only one blub. One bulb doesn't draw enough power to make a normal flasher work. You will also need a couple dtdp switches to make the brake lights work on the same curcit/filiment. I'd draw a diaagram but I don't know how to put it on the screen to you (yes I'm a computer idiot) Easyist (and cheapest) way is just get an aftermaket turn switch they are all over swap meets used.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Yota_Junkie said:
The flasher you got is heavy duty, you dont want heavy duty. I will get you some part numbers tommoroow it's to dark out now. I will also take a pic for you if you havent got it done yet already.

·
Premium Member
9,603 Posts
GREENEJEEP said:
The flasher you got is heavy duty, you dont want heavy duty. I will get you some part numbers tommoroow it's to dark out now. I will also take a pic for you if you havent got it done yet already.
He needs the three prong flashers to use the combo stop/turn/tail lights he has.

·
Premium Member
1,671 Posts
a 2 wire flasher will work but it has to be of proper load rating and if your running LEDs lights it best to get one designed for LEDs
also are you planning to combine the turn signals and brake lamps on rear if so a aftermarket control as listed above is easiest also go to grotes site and search for flashers and you will find many different ones listed according to load and if its for LEDs

1 - 17 of 17 Posts