Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm installing a new wiring harness in a 68 scout and I've got everything setup except for the signals. All that I've got is the 6 pin connector coming out of the column, with 2 additional wires along side it. IIRC these are the colors.

Pink*
Yellow*
Black
Brown
Red
White
Green
Light Blue

* Wires outside the plug.

I've been searching and searching and haven't found a schematic or list that has these colors anywhere. Closest is the GM one the harness came with, but its still not right. If anyone knows what each of these wires connects to I'd really appreciate the help.

Thanks
Dallas

·
Premium Member
9,603 Posts
Are you sure that's the stock wiring? IIRC, the factory colors for the wiring should be green, green, green, green, green, green, green, and green.

Actually, a PO installed an external switch, (in mine) like used in semis and earlier Jeeps. I disconnected the wires without labeling them, and had to search my ass off to figure it out. Maybe in a few days I'll have something better to say.

·
Premium Member
9,603 Posts
Never mind the above.

Sounds like you are using the stock switch.

It plugs into a plug that looks like this: - - - - I hope that looks right.

I have a Signal-Stat Sigflare 900 wired into that plug, and the colors go like this. Red Black, Grey, Green. The two bottom terminals aren't used. (in my app.)

I have two wires going to my flasher and one to my brake light switch. Power runs into the flasher.

http://www.film.queensu.ca/CJ3B/Tech/SignalWiring.html is the page I used.

Crap, almost forgot. Looking at the plug on the main harness going left to right, it goes right front,right rear, left front, left rear.

There should be two wires going to the flasher and one to the brakelight switch.

·
Registered
8,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Awesome Urban, thats just what I needed that is definitely the plug I have. now I just need to figure out which one is the brake switch, as I'm pretty sure the black one (left on lower row) is the horn. So that just leaves me the 2 extra wires and the one on the right lower.

Thanks a ton.

Dallas

1 - 5 of 5 Posts