Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Talked with a custom shop today and asked if they could do a cut and turn for me, and the guy said he only drills out the welds on the pumkin and turns the pumkin with a jake, then welds around both sides of pumkin just to be safe. Can you even do that? I told him i had to do it to the front 44 on my scout and he said no problem.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
idk, the guy said all he does is drill the two weld holes, and then puts a jack under the pumkin and just jacks it up until it's at the right angle. He said like 1-2 hours if that. I mean the guys got mad shit to, like it is a very good known shop for there work. I just wanted to see if anyone else did it.

·
Registered
714 Posts
A friend of mine cut and turned his scout frontend at the pumpkin that way, its held up good under the dakota its in. It just doesnt seem very precision to me!

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
how is it any less accurate then a standard cut and turn?

i mean you can get more control with a jak then a sledge hammer.

my knuckles wouldn't move with out massive heat and hammering.

and yes....drillign the rosette welds is a very common way to do it.

·
Registered
3,809 Posts
Unless I'm missing something its only gonna work if you have moved the spring pads out wider. Thus making the spring perch on the pass side be on the axle tube instead of the cast one on the center section.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts