Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm needing to Run a second battery to carry my winch and I'm just curious about info on how some of you have wired your rigs for this set up. I want to do this right and all input is appreciated.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
with that style switch you can run both batteries or select one or the other.. say you need to winch with the engine off you can drain one battery and use the other to basically jump start yourself.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I will look into getting one of these .. It looks like a good way to go. Thanks for the input.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Lots of ways to do what your wanting, I built my setup with two independent charging systems and a continuous duty contactor that I can control from the cab. Each battery has it's own alternator and is isolated from the rest of the system. I can run one down and leave the main battery fully charged or self jump myself, or tie them together for longer winch pulls.

It's been extremely handy over the years.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I run the T-Max battery isolator in my rig. It links the batteries for charging automatically but can also be manually linked for starting with the in cabin controller / monitor

1 - 7 of 7 Posts