Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Excuse my ignorance, but this is a new/used truck for me. Anyone wanna school me on just how to "operate" an NP203 twin stick transfer case? This truck will be a play toy for a few runs then back up for sale she goes. Just wanna make sure everythin works as advertised once we get her up and running. I understand the principles behind it, but once offroad I'm gonna be clueless on how to operate it. Thnxxx. Wade

Can't really see the twin sticks, but trust me,,,they are there.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'll get the specs off the ID tag on transfer case. I was told it was a 205, then ocne my buddy called me he said it was a 203. My eyes (n camera) gotta see it for themselves. More info to come. Thnx.

·
Registered
283 Posts
if it has 2 sticks and is a 203 one stick is for the dif loc and the other would be for the high-neutral-low range

far stick to the passenger side would be the dif loc- forward to unlock- back to lock

and closer stick to driver would be high-neutral- low

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
The 203 has 2 cases one is a low range box the other is for 4wd with a chain and it has an open carrier in the middle for full time 4wd only or they make a kit to lock out kit that locks out the spiders to make it a part time only box.

Since it has a low range only area makes it a good candidate for a doubler/crawl box but it is only 2:1.

the 205 has only one housing looks like a giant Dana300 and has a few different inputs and outputs. 205 also only has a 2:1 gear reduction both very stout gear boxes.

Just do a google search you will find more information than you know what to do with.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts