Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 217 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So this project started after a few builds and not ending up with what I wanted. So project "Turtle" came about. Drove it home and tore into it. No time wasted. Have a baby due in the beg of April and I need to get it done!

Plans-

93 YJ 4.0, AX15
88 HP 60 front
D60 rear
Box4Rocks
flipped 300
2.5 Air shocks up front
2.0 Air shocks in rear
4link rear
3 link front w/ pan
Astro box with hydro assist
RCI fuel cell behind rear seat
Rear discs
E350 brake master
Antirock sway bar in rear
2.0 Air bumps in front
42 irocks on H2's

Going for low COG and family safe. 4" bump. Now I started already but got the new computer running and getting some pics up

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

astro box with plugs for Assist. Custom pitman arm! Due to the keyways in the arm it was offcenter to the driver side for center so the keyways had to be filed out and to get correct missalignment on the joint I had to heat, bend, and cool the arm slowly.

Steering box was moved back a bit and up to get the pitman arm and box out of harms way. When I built the bumper ill incorperate a small gaurd to protect it more as well

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I had to mill out the centers of the H2's to get them to fit over the hubs. A small HF router and a 1/2" strait bit made quick work of that. Amazed me!

Ended up using Trailgear Creaper Joints for the front upper and the rear uppers. Currie JJ's for the lowers. Frame link buckets are ballistic and all arms as well as sterring are .250 wall.

The reason for the H2 wheels is stricktly for narrowing things up. Damn laws around here... I wanna be able to cruise it around at least a little in the summer. I have a feeling Ill be changing to a more offset wheel if I have trouble with tire contact to Air shock and frame.

I put a 15deg bend in the 2x.250 lowers to clear the tire at full turn but im still going to have to decrease the 8" stroke on the hydro ram and keep from rubbing the frame and LCA.

·
11,307 Posts
Great work! I dig the box relocation, what pitman arm did you end up modifying? No concerns it may be a wek point after the heat\cool? I believe Genright may have an off the shelf arm that could work for you as an alternate.

·
Registered
762 Posts
you got any more pics of the front 3 link any coilover mounts ?

how low PSI you gonna try on those H2s ?

reason i ask, i got H2s on my duramax and i slid off the road and hit the ditch- not to hard and popped a beat and i had 40psi in the tires

and i got some 39.5 IROKS i wanted to run H2s on but i just keep hearing bad things for those wanting to run their tire pressure in the teens without beadlocks

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
you got any more pics of the front 3 link any coilover mounts ?

how low PSI you gonna try on those H2s ?

reason i ask, i got H2s on my duramax and i slid off the road and hit the ditch- not to hard and popped a beat and i had 40psi in the tires

and i got some 39.5 IROKS i wanted to run H2s on but i just keep hearing bad things for those wanting to run their tire pressure in the teens without beadlocks
Ive heard bad things and good things on the bead problems with the H2's. Like I said I think I may need to change wheels due to backspacing anyhow so Ill see how it goes... Seems like a wast of time for me to build beadlock rings for the H2s. Even though I do love the look of them... Ill post up some more pics of Air shock mouts. they are simple tabs from axle to inner C mounts

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
nice:smokin: this is more or less the same thing i am working on now... how high is it to the bottom of the frame in the center of the door?

·
Registered
7 Posts
great build I picked up a 93 yj sahara from a framer for 1500.00 started building on little at a time.Is your jeep a sahara? your giving me ideas thanks

1 - 20 of 217 Posts