Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1) AR mags.

If you were going to buy a slug of AR mags to put back, which ones would you choose and why?

2) 5.45x39 rifles.

As I mentioned a few months ago, the cheap ammo available is tempting the hell out of me. I'm going up to Widener's tomorrow to buy some of their Russian surplus. The problem is I can't find an AK-pattern I want. Either they're too expensive or they strike me as junky. What do you all think of the 5.45x39 uppers for the AR? I know they're nearly/at least as expensive as the AK's, but I'm simply interested in finding out more about going the AR route for 5.45x39.

·
Registered
652 Posts

·
Registered
11,871 Posts
x2 on what ^ said. All of my PMags are flawless at close to 1k rnds each, and the 5 I sent to a buddy in Iraq are flawless through a few k each and a few firefights. Talk to Pete for PMag prices. I've got three CProducts mags that are flawless at a few hundred rnds each, and I don't forsee issues in the future with them.

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
On the 5.45 i have a SAR2 that has funcioned (sp) flawless.

I am also on the waiting list for the SW 5.45 uppers. They are not out yet, though olympics are. Olys arent chrome bore though...

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
Any USGI aluminum mag should be good to go. I will not own a USGI mag without the Magpul follower.

The PMags seem to be good to go so far. I have a couple that I havent run yet, but all reviews are positive.

·
I build stuff
24,247 Posts
The Brownells USGI Style 30rd mags are 14.
Magpul 30rd PMags are 13.50
Magpul 20rd PMags are 14.00
Magpul 30rd ViewMags are 17.00

Ranger Plates for USGI are 4ea
Ranger Plates for PMags are 4ea.

Magpul anti-tip followers are 6.00 per 3-pak

·
Registered
4,184 Posts
I would go with cproducts AR mags. They seem to have good quality and the price at 44mag.com is very affordable as far as AR mags go.

This is what I have been getting except with the good anti tilt followers. I think the followers realy do make a difference.

P-mags are definatly smoother however. I just havent had a problem with c-products mags....

·
Registered
652 Posts
This is what I have been getting except with the good anti tilt followers. I think the followers realy do make a difference.

P-mags are definatly smoother however. I just havent had a problem with c-products mags....
I forgot to recommend the anti-tilt, thanks for reminding me. They make a difference, you will notice it

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
do the p-mags come with the anti-tilt follower? (i assume they do)

and what year were pmags first introduced?

·
Registered
652 Posts
do the p-mags come with the anti-tilt follower? (i assume they do)

and what year were pmags first introduced?
They do, and those produced prior to June 2007 have a recall but as far as when they were first produced I'd say early 2007. Ive had good luck with them and I really like the new 20 round ones that came out this spring

1 - 11 of 11 Posts