Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone ever seen a TX2 2-speed 12K winch from a company in portland Oregon. The comp. name id Tensen inc.
It is a mod. # 120

It needs a new cable but I got it for 3 bills and it works
Thanks

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
I thought they were back in business under the MegaWinch moniker? Petersons had them listed last month in their winch special (or maybe two or three months ago)

·
Registered
147 Posts
Absolute crap! I used to own one years ago. Biggest 4x4 equipment mistake I ever made. Hopefully you can sell it to someone else and get your money back.

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
I had that same winch for a while!! I had never heard of it, and never met anyone else who had ever heard of it! LOL!! It worked fine for me for about 3 years until the cable came off teh drum and got wound up around the drum and it broke itself. I just threw it away. If it works, keep it!

·
Premium Member
10,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Shake 'N' Bake said:
Absolute crap! I used to own one years ago. Biggest 4x4 equipment mistake I ever made. Hopefully you can sell it to someone else and get your money back.

Why would I want to fork someone like that:confused:

Worked good when I took it off his truck. We'll see:flipoff2:

·
Registered
31 Posts
these guys are drunk i no this is a old post but dam i had to jump in .
it is not a m12000 but its not a bad winch .. its just big as hell.. i run these on my trailers where the size is not such a big deal .. i have pulled a 12500 pound fork lift on my trailer with it .. the perk is it is fast as hell .. the cable sucks you do got that right.
i had a new 3/8 one made up with a 15000 pound hook .. and im good .. i did not need as much cable as a trail rig i only did 65 feet . the most i need is to snach block if i got to.. my trailers is 22 feet so it works for me

·
Registered
1 Posts
Tensen tx2/120 2 speed winch

Anyone ever seen a TX2 2-speed 12K winch from a company in portland Oregon. The comp. name id Tensen inc.
It is a mod. # 120

Thanks
I am looking for this winch. Please contact through email. Thank you.

·
Registered
217 Posts
search is working and he used it.
Yep he did :D

I've got the same winch, it was old when I got it in 2004, It's been really good to me other then the freespool not working right.

·
Registered
1 Posts
It is a mod. # 120

Thanks
TX2 was Put out of business by warn for a motor selinoid copyright infringement! Side by side the TX2 was a much more powerful and better looking winch! I honestly believe that is why warm went after them! Manufactured in the late 70s early 80. I still use 2 8000lbs and 1 12000lbs I’ve had since new! The only down side is they have a shear pin on the inside the gearbox that has been discontinued over 30 years! I have a few extras for myself; but, they are not for sale! Great winch. Ever see a 12v mini brute chainsaw? Came free with the purchase of the winch! Also incredible works off car battery

1 - 15 of 15 Posts