Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is anyone running any sort of stock springs from any other makes of vehicles in their EB? with or with out shackle flip? looking for a cheap solution until i get the money to get all the parts for the coils in the rear. anyone out there testing junkyard springs?

·
Registered
540 Posts
I have '86 bronco leafs with a shackle flip in the rear of my '73. They work great. Just have to fab up some diffrent hangers abd you are good to go. Contact Mike at bent and twisted if you want to just buy the hangers but they are not hard to make if you want to go that route.

Good Luck!

·
Registered
8,868 Posts
I am ruuning stock F150 rear springs. they are longer than the stock setup, but mike ladd at www.bentandtwisted.com sells a kit with a shackle flip and all. The kit kicks ass.

Dimitri

·
Registered
540 Posts
Shoope1 said:
Are they longer than a stock EB? I am the same way about being cheap until I can go all out with a trick suspension.
Yeah they are longer, about 56" long if I remember correctly and they are offset. They are also 3" wide, hence the reason for custom hangers. I have the same hookup as Flatty has. All 80-96 (?) F150 4x4s and broncos had the same spring. They work great!

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
I had stock springs with a home made shackle flip and it moved nice the downfall was that the springs would not hold up well at all. I got a few sets of stock springs and bent them all so I decided to go coils. I am still working on the coils so I can’t tell you haw that is first hand yet, but if you are looking for a get me by I would just do a shackle flip and call it good, for about $15-25 for steel and bolts your done. You will get axel wrap so be prepared for that.
HTH

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
how much lift did you get out of the f150 springs and the shackle flip?

·
Registered
540 Posts
Depends on how long yu make the shackle. I think my shackles are 6"- 7" and I get about 6 inches of lift. This is from memory and not verified with a tape. :D

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
you guys that have the f150 springs how many leaves are in them. ive seen 4 and 5? has anyone had the 5 than decided to pull one out? or had 4 and wished they had 5?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts