Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am building my first ever Dana60 and slowly learning as I go. Got some 4340 35 spline inners/outers for the 79 Ford D60....

I wanna pick up some spicer snap tites or something along those lines...No cash for the CTM,s or superjoints..

What PN is it? I keep seeing x-260 change to x780...etc

THanks for your patience,

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Billa, cant believe I missed that before.

One last quick one, are the caps able to accept full-circle clips provided I can find some with the same diameter as the caps?

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Called a local shop, said he didnt have 5-733x listed and said the PN I needed was 5-806x....

????

·
Registered
629 Posts
im running the 5-806x's in my choromoly's and yeah they are non greasable. to run the full circle clips all u have to do is buy the clips seperatly and slap them in. Later Ryan

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
THanks for the replies, 806 it is!

Ryan, are the Ujoint caps already machined and able to accept full circle clips? Where did you find full-circles with the diameter needed for the 806 caps?

Thanks!!

·
Registered
629 Posts
i bought mine through Greg @ 4wd factory his service is great- he sent the chromos/gears/and ujoints within 2 days. instead of using the c clips, you just use the full circles that he sells. BUT REMEMBER TO SLIDE THEM ON THE UJOINT BEFORE YOU PUT IT IN THE AXLE YOKES. dont ask why i know :shaking: . but yes to answer your question these full circles require no machining- theyll just take the place of a normal c-clip. Later Ryan

·
Premium Member
10,037 Posts
The caps already have a groove machined 360* around for the c clip, just replace them with full circle clips. I know you can buy the 44 clips at ace, but idk about 60's...search and you'll find the diameters (or measure).

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
1.375 snap rings fit right on the caps

·
11,307 Posts
bringing back to the top. Jope, what joinst and setup did u end up going with? Same boat here, getting Yukon 35 spline outers for my Ford, not sure which joints to go with, greasable vs non greasable. What is the difference? Why run which type? I checked billa's great articles, but am not figuring out which one I should go with. Non greasable are supposedly stronegr (no needles to deal with?) Joe, which clips did u use?

Thanks,
Gui

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Gui, I nding up running the 806x non greasable. I had to pull the caps off with channel locks so i dont think much crap is getting past those seals. Should be ok...Plus I've seen a few guys blow shafts, twist splines etc and the spicer survives. We'll see how it lasts.

As for full-circle clips I went to my local transmission shop with an old cap, dug thru the bins and found some PTO clips that would work. $0.38 if I remember :)

-Joe

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
geberhard said:
bringing back to the top. Jope, what joinst and setup did u end up going with? Same boat here, getting Yukon 35 spline outers for my Ford, not sure which joints to go with, greasable vs non greasable. What is the difference? Why run which type? I checked billa's great articles, but am not figuring out which one I should go with. Non greasable are supposedly stronegr (no needles to deal with?) Joe, which clips did u use?

Thanks,
Gui

Non-greasable still have the needles, just not the passages for the grease to travel (whick makes the joint weaker). I used the non-greasable type before I got my Longfields, and I ran some deep water. When I changed the joints out, there was still good grease in the old spicer joint (after maybe 6 months).

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
LOL, too funny you would say that, I painted my stock Ford knuckles orange hehe, we'll see how long they last with steering arms and hydro assist.

Gui, check out your local transmission shop, so simple and cheap to do full-circle clips and definitely worth it I think.

-Joe

·
CrawlTunes
3,810 Posts
GiS, you mind listin' your prices for all the axel shafts, 35 spline hubs, and u-joints. I have the same axel as you with stock shafts right now but I've got a Detroit locker I'm about to throw in....so, I could use an upgrades.

I'd love to go CTMs, but I'm in the same boat you are.

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hey Tawl, never dealt with 4wdfactory, I got mine from Peak Empire, they are a great bunch of guys! Also had great dealing with PORC. Both vendors are right here on Pirate.

Happy trails,

-Joe

1 - 20 of 23 Posts