Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i searched and couldnt find what i was looking for and i havent ever used uhmw before, im building a truggy type rig and want to be able to just spray out the inside, so i was thinking about maybe some uhmw sheet for the floor boards bolted to a metal "skeleton" if you will. any of you guys used uhmw for floorboards and what thickness?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Just remember it'll be slippery unless you put griptape of some sort on it.

3/8" thick would be good as long as you aren't putting a lot of weight on it and it's connected well to the "skeleton."

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
buddy of mine has this in his toyota truggy thing. Not sure if its UHMW or what, but its decently thick plastic.

seems to work alright from what I can gather. He heated and formed it to match the bends needed and its bolted in place. I was skeptical at first, but it turned out to work and doesnt seem to have any issues.

·
Registered
4,184 Posts
Remember it expands and softens with heat real easy. Bolt it down as much as possible and keep it away from the exhaust. The 1/4" I use on stuff might be a little light. I would just use AL like everyone else does unless you have some uhmw lying around.

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
There was just a thread within the last month on using it for skidplates
When you say truggy do you plan on building off an existing vehichle? If so and you keep the cab floor why not just bedliner?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts