Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im contemplating whether or not to set up my rear axle for a CV. Right now I have the t-case at 4 degrees. Lets say -4 because its tilted back. The axle is at +4. My anglometer jobbie showes the shaft at 26 degrees. Im pretty sure that Jesse told me that with the 4 degrees in there I could subtract that for what angle the ujoint sees. So basically I have 22 degrees. Now the question. How long should I expect my ujoints to last. The ujoint at the t-case is a 1310 and the one at the axle is a cruiser / toyota ujoint (no clue on size).

I haven't welded the spring pads on nor driven it but Im not sure if I should just go CV (dont want to for cost and blah blah blah).

any suggestions or answers

arndog

·
Registered
423 Posts
Runnin' at 22 degrees consantly, I wouldn't expect joints to last too long. You're also probably going to stir up some vibrations at that angle, even with equal angles at both ends. There is just too much to be cancelled out effectively.

Since your pads aren't welded, roll the diff up for a CV and see what kind of operating angle you wind up with. I know it's not what you want but it might be your best option.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts