Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ight guys i have read alot on here. Have any of you tried landcruiser axles (fj40) i ask cause i have a set. Or would i be better to cut a d44 down? what t case is the best to use i was thinking a np208?, or stock sami?i could get my hands on a 4.3 for bout 300 but i have a brand new 350 i could put in her, still on the shelf. what about the tranny 350th?
uses she will be in the mud, no rocks, be in the river, sand, etc..
ideal tire would be a 35 bogger what i am picturing. any and all input is appriciated. thanks guys
ps heres a list of a few things i got around the house th350,sm465(gm standard) dana 70, dana 44front (4 of em) gm 12blt rear, fj40 axles,tranny and t case from fj40, new 350 sbc on the shelf,
And a running and driving samari.
ima start on her when she breaks but figured i would get all of your opinions thanks guys

·
Registered
154 Posts
Mud= HP, Sand=HP, River=Hp, squeeze in the 350, run the 14 bolt and the 44front (you've got spares if you break something) the FJ axles would be great as long as you went to longfields, but you've got a lot of super strong stuff that doesn't any extra expense. If you decide to get some of that extra junk out of your garage, I'll be glad to swing by and haul some of it off. Hell, I won't even charge you for disposing of it! :flipoff2:

·
Registered
4,947 Posts
23inchez said:
Ight guys i have read alot on here. Have any of you tried landcruiser axles (fj40) i ask cause i have a set. Or would i be better to cut a d44 down? what t case is the best to use i was thinking a np208?, or stock sami?i could get my hands on a 4.3 for bout 300 but i have a brand new 350 i could put in her, still on the shelf. what about the tranny 350th?
uses she will be in the mud, no rocks, be in the river, sand, etc..
ideal tire would be a 35 bogger what i am picturing. any and all input is appriciated. thanks guys
ps heres a list of a few things i got around the house th350,sm465(gm standard) dana 70, dana 44front (4 of em) gm 12blt rear, fj40 axles,tranny and t case from fj40, new 350 sbc on the shelf,
And a running and driving samari.
ima start on her when she breaks but figured i would get all of your opinions thanks guys
Go away:rolleyes: :shaking:

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
:laughing: Your funny, Bill.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ight bill i guess ill have to get to know you cause i aint gonna run off sorry buddy. lol

ima go with the sbc then and the d70/44 what about t case ima run the th350 iguess run the stocker or a np208 (just like the 208 it held up until i put the 44 boggers on my 84 k30.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
will the stock sami t case hold up to 35 boggers or would it be better to go gm? i cant tell if all of you hate it or like the idea, alot of different smileys n what not, im open for suggestions if you guys think it will be way to heavy and not practical let me know, i dont want a bug bog racer but i dont wanna be breaking stuff constantly. I have a k30 that i started off as a k10 and have broke more stuff than i care to think of. but now that i have it set up right i like it dually front a rear d60 front 456 locked d70 hd rear posi, th 400 div, 205 t case, 33 inches of lift and full hydralic steering, i havemore money in that than i care to think about and was constantly breaking think and had alot of down time, so much so at times i lost intrest
I like the little samari its fun but right now all it has is street tires and i tell you what it suprised the hell out of me. i would like to cutthe axles down so that i would not be in normal truck ruts. I took it out (sami) n only got stuck once in a 4 wheeler rut and was hung up on an old battery. that little thing is bad a$$.

·
Registered
4,833 Posts
Wow.. I can almost read what this guy types... If I try hard enough. A truck with 33 inches of lift.. wow.. that must be stupid.

This is a rock crawling board, so we will not be of much use to you. I suggest you find some mud site to ask your questions.

If you build it up like a full size chevy, then it will wheel like a full size chevy. If you build it like a Samurai then it will wheel like a Samurai. You pick. Both can be fun.

-Wayne

·
Registered
380 Posts
samurais are good for two reasons light and small

its a 4cy quad.

dont dump chevy into it you will waste so much time doing it and it wont go for shit. biggest motor good for a samurai is a 22r out of a toyota. but then your way ahead getting a toyota to start with in the first place.

dont build it just wheel it slap some 31 inch uglys on it and go

·
Registered
519 Posts
cheaprides said:
samurais are good for two reasons light and small

its a 4cy quad.

dont dump chevy into it you will waste so much time doing it and it wont go for shit. biggest motor good for a samurai is a 22r out of a toyota. but then your way ahead getting a toyota to start with in the first place.

dont build it just wheel it slap some 31 inch uglys on it and go
:grinpimp: what he said

These things are cool because they are small! maybe front dana 44's in the front and the back with hydro steer and the v6 w/ sm420

then you could turn around in your living room, Iight :grinpimp:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
well thanks for the input there roto unfortunately i dont think my truck is stupid i happen to like it as does everyone who sees it. would love to see your samari follow me up the river, dang have you ever stop to think that there are different uses for 4x4s. I though that this was a 4 wheel drive forum not just for rockcrawling. I appriciate all the criticism. Nice site.

·
Registered
4,947 Posts
23inchez said:
well thanks for the input there roto unfortunately i dont think my truck is stupid i happen to like it as does everyone who sees it. would love to see your samari follow me up the river, dang have you ever stop to think that there are different uses for 4x4s. I though that this was a 4 wheel drive forum not just for rockcrawling. I appriciate all the criticism. Nice site.

Well you’re wrong this site is for rock crawling ight? You do have to get to know me, but it would be a little less painful if you buy a star and post pics of your project. There are different type of wheelers on this board, but they respect the fact that is dedicated for rock crawling.

Oh by the way If Wayne (aka Roto) wishes to follow you up a river, he'd use a boat:flipoff2:

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
why dont you just build a fawking jeep

:massey:

23inchez said:
ight bill i guess ill have to get to know you cause i aint gonna run off sorry buddy. lol

ima go with the sbc then and the d70/44 what about t case ima run the th350 iguess run the stocker or a np208 (just like the 208 it held up until i put the 44 boggers on my 84 k30.

·
Premium Member
2,097 Posts
23inchez said:

Ok..first, slow down and use sentences and punctuation. Next..ask more than tell. If you already know what you're doing, you don't really need our opinions. Then....give us an idea where you are and all the terrain you plan on running. Lastly....shut up and listen.
This is not a dedicated rockcrawling board...there are lots of types here with lots of opinions and very few "just" rockcrawl, no matter how much they want you to believe that.
And don't ever dare someone to "come and follow me". We can, and we just might run you over in the process.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Bill,
I will get some pics for you. :D

Moto,
I dont want to buy a jeep because i have a sami, that I enjoy wheelin in. :flipoff2:

Killer,
I stated what I would be doin with my samurai in my first post. Intended use would be mud, river, sand. :D And as for the statement on try and follow me that was directed towards roto, as to his statement about my other 4x4 being stupid as to the amount of lift that it has. I guess in his eyes all 4x4s should remain low and close to the ground. I guess monster trucks would be stupid as well keep em low to run over cars huh. As far as a Challenge I love em. :D Can not say that I am scared to go tear up some stuff. :D Truth is I have not been in a while do to someone throwing roofing nails in the nearby trails. :( I would love to go ride with a few of you. As far as run me over, damn, that would be a sight. Im not gonna say that you can't, cause im sure there are a few that can. If I find someone in a sammy that can run over my chevy, I want everything he has got cause he is my new best friend. :D :flipoff2: :grinpimp:

This forum was the first one that came to mind when I wanted to gain info about makin im samurai a better wheeler.
I did not notice that this site was dedicated to rock crawling, until one of you stated it. Lol I now see where it states it in big bold letters. that was a mistake on my part, guess the other was tring to get some info for my samuarai on here. Some of you remind me of how bad we all disliked this guy on highlifter cause he posted so much no one could get any questions answered. Never though I could be that guy. None the less you will not hear from me sorry to inconvience any of you.

·
Registered
4,833 Posts
I guess Bill will never get his pictures of the 33" lifted Chevy. :barf:

I think you go off pretty easy here. We are a more friendly forum these days.

As for info, if you would take a night or two and check the threads here you will learn a ton. I consider this board to have the best information for building a hardcore Sammy. Best of all, no 2 are alike. We have V8s, V6s, I4s and even some rotaries, diesels, etc. We have Zuks from around the globe here, so yeah, we have more then just rock crawlers here.

-Wayne

PS.. Instead of me following you, why don't you try and follow me. Oh, yeah, I do sand too. No mud around here.

·
Registered
41 Posts
i had some LC axles and besides being way overkill for the light weight of my sami the parts are also more expensive. sell the 40 axles and get a set of regular 82-85 pu axles. my .02

1 - 20 of 31 Posts