Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
40,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Still looking for some trip leaders for some of the stops on the '02 tour - especially in the West. Again, it's not necessary to commit to actually BE ON the trail. Just need someone to coordinate at this point. You'd be responsible for suggesting meeting points, making vehicle recommendations, and even reserving spots if you need a limited group for your particular trail. Finding accomodations would also be helpful. Here's what we have planned & as you can see we're still missing leaders on many of the more hardcore runs:

(1) June 4th, 2002: Hammers in CA - need trip leader
(2) June 7th, 2002: Highway To Hell in AZ - JackA to lead
(3) June 10th, 2002: Proving Grounds in UT - Moab Austin tentatively scheduled as trip leader
(4) June 12th, 2002: Die Trying in CO - need trip leader
(5) June 15th, 2002: Gilmer, TX - wngrog to lead - no vehicle limits
-Drive 156 miles to Clayton, OK
(6) June 16-17th, 2002: Clayton, OK - wngrog to lead - no vehicle limits
-June 18th, drive 178 miles to Disney, OK
(7) June 19-20 Disney OK - Matt Green tentatively scheduled to lead
-June 21st, 2002 travel 326 miles to Montgomery City, MO
(8) June 22nd & 23rd: Mud Racing, tough trucking, & more in MO - lead by TEX. No vehicle limits, no max. #, no reservation needed.
-June 24th, 2002 travel 322 miles to Attica, IN
(9) June 25th, 2002: Badlands in IN on Troy's Trail lead by Syko and/or Woody
-June 26th, 2002 travel 320 miles to Slade, KY
(10) June 27th, 2002: Slade, KY - lead by Syko
-June 28th, 2002: travel 354 miles to Monteagle, TN
(11) June 29th, 2002: Monteagle, TN lead by DRM
(12) June 30-July4th, 2002 up to 4 stops in NC - lead by elusive
(13) July 6th, 2002: Big Dogs in VA - need trip leader (Hoyden says this must be approved)
(14) July 8th, 2002: Possibly in the Adirondacks - yjtj tentatively scheduled to lead
(15) July 12th, 2002: Paragon, PA - need trip leader - Hoyden scheduled to lead, yjtj might be able to help.
(16) July 15th, 2002: Silver Lake Sand Dunes in MI - JimL tentatively scheduled to lead, Jeepinguy also volunteered to help
(17) July 17th, 2002: Trails in MN - possibly lead by Dana 27 and/or Dangerber
(18) July 20th, 2002: Black Hills - lead by ChinLei & WillyMutt (probably in 2 groups)
(19) & (20) July 21-31, 2002 Two stops in Northern Rockies en route to Rubicon - need trip leaders
(21) August 1st, 2002: Rubicon - need trip leader(s)
(22) August 5th, 2002: Oregon and/or Washington - bashed4runner tentatively scheduled to lead trip in WA
(23) August 8th, 2002: Somewhere in BC - Whizzy scheduled to lead
(24) August 14th, 2002: Somewhere in Yukon - lead possibly by ColdNorth


Every time we bring this up, we have made progress on nailing down some of the stops & trip leaders. We're getting closer folks <IMG SRC="smilies/glasses.gif" border="0">

BTW, buddy of mine is freelancing articles for various 4x4 internet sites. He's already committed to covering my portion of the "tour" (stop 8), but I'll see if I can't get him to tag along on a couple stops before & after mine.

How 'bout it? <IMG SRC="smilies/smile.gif" border="0">


TEX

[ 10-26-2001: Message edited by: TEX ]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,561 Posts
I know DRM will bitch at me - but you GOTTA tun Tellico while you are out here!!!! It's like going to Cali and not seeing the Rubicon!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
40,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by brector:
<STRONG>I know DRM will bitch at me - but you GOTTA tun Tellico while you are out here!!!! It's like going to Cali and not seeing the Rubicon!</STRONG>
Pretty sure that's one of the spots Elusive planned to hit on his 4 stops (12) in & around NC. If not, we'll steal a stop from him <IMG SRC="smilies/biggrin.gif" border="0">


TEX
 

·
Super Moderator
'82 Scrambler, '14 Rzr
Joined
·
62,007 Posts
I have posted a link to this on our Tennessee4x4.com board - I will see who else may want to come along <IMG SRC="smilies/smile.gif" border="0">
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
40,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by DRM:
<STRONG>I have posted a link to this on our Tennessee4x4.com board - I will see who else may want to come along <IMG SRC="smilies/smile.gif" border="0"></STRONG>
I suspect you'll have a nice turnout for the stops in your area <IMG SRC="smilies/smile.gif" border="0"> Actually, no reason each of the stops shouldn't be a nice event!

TEX
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,815 Posts
I know some of the Hammer trails, but the TBenders need to step up for those. I can also show at the Rubicon, but again, there are Pirates on here. How 'bout it Camo and UGETIT <IMG SRC="smilies/biggrin.gif" border="0"> <IMG SRC="smilies/biggrin.gif" border="0"> <IMG SRC="smilies/biggrin.gif" border="0">.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
40,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by Todd:
<STRONG>I know some of the Hammer trails, but the TBenders need to step up for those. I can also show at the Rubicon, but again, there are Pirates on here. How 'bout it Camo and UGETIT <IMG SRC="smilies/biggrin.gif" border="0"> <IMG SRC="smilies/biggrin.gif" border="0"> <IMG SRC="smilies/biggrin.gif" border="0">.</STRONG>
Yeah, I think perhaps some folks don't want to commit just yet since it's still 7 months away. But again, just looking for folks to take the lead with one specific spot. If it turns out later that they can't be involved due to some conflict, they can always hand it off to someone else. But, if we could just get a tentative leader lined up for EVERY stop, then we could move on to the next step - posting info about specific runs, giving accomodations info, food & fuel stop info, etc.


TEX
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
881 Posts
Again, I won't be in the Yukon at that point, but I will either drive up, or I'll be sure someone up here coordinates it. But I'll probably drive up. <IMG SRC="smilies/biggrin.gif" border="0">
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
881 Posts
Originally posted by ColdNorthJonny.:
<STRONG>Again, I won't be in the Yukon at that point, but I will either drive up, or I'll be sure someone up here coordinates it. But I'll probably drive up. <IMG SRC="smilies/biggrin.gif" border="0"></STRONG>
Actually, no, I won't be driving up. So, I'll keep my eye out for someone to run it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,647 Posts
Originally posted by ColdNorthJonny.:
<STRONG>Actually, no, I won't be driving up. So, I'll keep my eye out for someone to run it.</STRONG>
[insert thick sarcasm]Why?
Is there a problem with why you cant drive? I mean drive there?
<IMG SRC="smilies/thefinger.gif" border="0">

Sorry john. I had to poor salt onto the open wound
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,586 Posts
Cool! How do I get on the MontEagle and Tellico runs?
They going to drop down to Beasly Knob in Blairsville GA (30 minutes south of Murphy NC). Not a lot of trails but a couple of tough ones. If it rains they are real tough.
 

·
Super Moderator
'82 Scrambler, '14 Rzr
Joined
·
62,007 Posts
Originally posted by Grim Reaper:
<STRONG>Cool! How do I get on the MontEagle and Tellico runs?
They going to drop down to Beasly Knob in Blairsville GA (30 minutes south of Murphy NC). Not a lot of trails but a couple of tough ones. If it rains they are real tough.</STRONG>
In general - to find out about any of our club or otherwise local runs, check out our message board: http://pub33.ezboard.com/btennessee4x4messageboard <IMG SRC="smilies/glasses.gif" border="0">
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,586 Posts
Originally posted by DRM:
<STRONG>In general - to find out about any of our club or otherwise local runs, check out our message board: http://pub33.ezboard.com/btennessee4x4messageboard <IMG SRC="smilies/glasses.gif" border="0"></STRONG>
Good deal...thanks. Now how do I talk you or some of the folks from your club into leading My club ( www.gbr4wd.com ) on a run up at Mont Eagle? Everytime in the last 2 years that we have tried to come up there for a run something happens (family feude, turkey season, flat tire) we end up having to cancel at the last moment. I'm not sure what club we have been dealing with to get us permision to be there and trail guide us is but something always happens and the call it off on us at the last moment.. ( I understand the issue up there and the need to know somebody thing).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
75 Posts
Originally posted by TEX:
<STRONG>(3) June 10th, 2002: Proving Grounds in UT - Moab Austin tentatively scheduled as trip leader
TEX</STRONG>
This is something I definitely want to participate in... infact the guy who made this trail, Kelly, would be MORE than willing to lead should Mr. Austin not be able. His new rig should be completed by thanksgiving and I'm sure all the bugs will be worked out by June.

FYI... Proving Grounds has gotton nasty as hell due to lots and lots of water running down it. There is now 2 mandatory winch points, both with a fairly high pucker factor. <IMG SRC="smilies/bounce2.gif" border="0"> <IMG SRC="smilies/biggrin.gif" border="0">
 

·
Super Moderator
'82 Scrambler, '14 Rzr
Joined
·
62,007 Posts
Originally posted by Lo Rent Willy:
<STRONG>DRM where will you be leading these people that you invited. <IMG SRC="smilies/question.gif" border="0"></STRONG>
I dunno yet... but I got a year to figure it out <IMG SRC="smilies/tongue.gif" border="0">

I am sure arrangements can be made to ride somewhere...
 

·
Poseur SUV
Joined
·
23,695 Posts
Originally posted by TEX:
<STRONG>
(23) August 8th, 2002: Somewhere in BC - Whizzy scheduled to lead

(24) August 14th, 2002: Somewhere in Yukon - lead possibly by ColdNorth

</STRONG>

What about a stop in Calgary in between these two? I'm sure that Theresa (white knight) would be willing to lead a good old fashioned gooey mud run at the foot of the Rockies!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
32 Posts
If JimL cant do trip #16 let me know.I (MY CLUB)will bemore then willing to lead you guys on the Dunnes!!!!!!!! we will be up there any ways that weekend <IMG SRC="smilies/biggrin.gif" border="0"> <IMG SRC="smilies/biggrin.gif" border="0">

[ 10-25-2001: Message edited by: Jeepinguy ]
 
1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Top