Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I am kinda new to this thing, but I seek your expert advice on it. If you think it should be moved to the newbie, go ahead and flame me. Anyway, I installed a set of rancho 4" front springs and pro comp 4" rear springs along with 3"longer shackles and appropriatley length shocks(wont top out or bottom out under full extension or compression). Anyway, I took it out for the first time with the lift (and new 33's!). Now, looking at it in the parking lot, I noticed it looks off keel. It is sitting about 1 inch or so lower on the passenger side. It is not the tires, but looks like the front springs. The driver side definatley seems to have more arch than the passenger. You are supposed to put the one with more arch on the drivers side, right? did one just settle before the other? Or is this gonna be a mystery forever? I am thinking of swaping the front spring packs to see if it levels out this weekend...

·
Premium Member
16,327 Posts
the spring pads are different hieghts due to the front diff. you might want to double check that the right springs are on the right side.

·
Super Moderator
'82 Scrambler, '14 Rzr
62,007 Posts
How long have you had the lift on? Give it a month or so of use to let the springs settle.

Shoot - my truck always was squatty on the rear passenger side corner, never bothered me too much and sure didn't effect off road performance :p

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So the taller one is supposed to go on the drivers side, correct? Because the diameter of the axle housing is larger on the passenger side becasue it is closer to the pumpkin...

·
Super Moderator
'82 Scrambler, '14 Rzr
62,007 Posts
bikr_guy930 said:
So the taller one is supposed to go on the drivers side, correct? Because the diameter of the axle housing is larger on the passenger side becasue it is closer to the pumpkin...
Actually - the taller one goes on the driver's side because you need to lose weight :p

Just kidding - it is because there is a perch height difference. The springs should have had a different code painted on them to tell you which one went where...

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have been running the lift for about 1 week, so I assumming it just has some settling to do... Bah, forget it. I know how to fix it. Ill go out to oceano dunes tonight and try that 50 foot gap... That will make the springs settle, right?:p

·
Super Moderator
'82 Scrambler, '14 Rzr
62,007 Posts
bikr_guy930 said:
I have been running the lift for about 1 week, so I assumming it just has some settling to do... Bah, forget it. I know how to fix it. Ill go out to oceano dunes tonight and try that 50 foot gap... That will make the springs settle, right?:p
Make sure you have an accomplice (or innocent bystander) take pictures :D

·
Premium Member
15,352 Posts
bikr_guy930 said:
and make your front diff have a nice little "smile"

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok... On second hand, maybe I will take my turboed 350 buggy out,

·
Premium Member
15,352 Posts
wow, one of those neat cool red X buggies, wish I had one

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
<guy from happy gilmore voice> JACKASS </guy from happy gilmore voice> . ok, ok, ok. Enough already. That is why I am not majoring in any computer area....

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
If the rear axle is locked (lincoln or spool) they will sometime sit funny because the suspension cant relax after a turn.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Nah, its not that, I even put the t-case in nuetral, took it out of gear, and rolled it back and forth a couple times. On the way home from our little excursion, the guy I went with even noticed that it was tilting.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
964 Posts
Sitting funny?

zags said:
they will sometime sit funny because they cant relax after a turn.
Hummm, that sounds like a personal problem! :)
I sit funny in my truck after taking some lines. Has to do with upholstery being wedged... :)

·
Wicked Raciest !
17,734 Posts
bikr_guy930 said:
Right and also make it hard to get the Birfields out. Hell mine leans one way one day ad the other way the next!!! The price you pay for flex, and flex does matter!!!!

Attachments

·
Man Child
24,725 Posts
OOP'S said:
Right and also make it hard to get the Birfields out. Hell mine leans one way one day ad the other way the next!!! The price you pay for flex, and flex does matter!!!!

I just spent the evening grinding down the old brackets on a new housing.... :D ..... don't let it happen to you.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts