Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
proffitt'scruisers said:
Now available from Proffitt's Cruisers...the PROField. Simply the biggest, heaviest birfield on the market today. We guarantee that if you can fit this unit into your front end, it will never, ever, ever break.

(some fabrication may be necessary)
Bwaaaahahhahhaaaaa!! Awesome!!

JEremiah, thanks for the call tonight on the calendars!! I'll be checking my mailbox when I get home from my trip next week!!

·
Zeus of the Sluice
4,740 Posts
proffitt'scruisers said:
Now available from Proffitt's Cruisers...the PROField. Simply the biggest, heaviest birfield on the market today. We guarantee that if you can fit this unit into your front end, it will never, ever, ever break.

with your new Pro fields do I still need to grind the inner knuckle of the housing?:confused:

and can I still run the stock hubs?????

:D :beer:

·
Premium Member
663 Posts
DUDE:eek: I saw a guy changing birfield from some import 1ton Rover axle that had birfields that size. They made D60 shafts look small:smokin:

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
proffitt'scruisers said:

I think you might have some problems with all-pro in terms of trademark infringement for the name! :flipoff2: Here

·
Registered
4,072 Posts
LMAO!! Love it!

(And thanks for the calendar call last night too! Can't wait to get it!)

·
Registered
5,188 Posts
wngrog said:
WTF did that come from?

:laughing:
Uh Oh Nolen must be worried about his 60 and want to go back to birfs:flipoff2:

I think there was a pic of one of those axles in Gen4x4 6 months ago...

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
WTF did that come from?
It's out of a road grader, and the inner race was actually broken. The bearings inside are as big as handballs.

I think you might have some problems with all-pro in terms of trademark infringement for the name!
Actually, I think I had the name first. This thing has been sitting around the shop being called the Profield for 3 years now.

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
pro-field = profield

prof-eild = profield

they'er totaly different ;)

·
Registered
311 Posts
heh, when I saw that thing this summer I knew it'd make it on the board sooner or later ;-)

the TornadoAlley crew sez "thanks for the calendars' call"

Steve

proffitt'scruisers said:

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Rover Birf

Leafsprung said:
Ok thought some of you yota guys might be interested in this. Maxi drive in OZ makes custom swivel balls for Land Rovers from 4140 that accomidate 101 forward control one ton Rover Birfields which are huge. Might be a cool option for a cruiser. Heres a pic comparing them to standard rover CVs the 101 CV on the bottom uses 22 spline 1.5 inch diameter shafts.

-Regards
-Ike
shaka 55, I saw this on another thread. Picture of the Rover birf...

·
Registered
7,178 Posts
Re: Rover Birf

treerootCO said:

shaka 55, I saw this on another thread. Picture of the Rover birf...

That top birf has the same balls and inner star as a minitruck, FJ60 birf, VERY VERY similar in size and design... interestingly enough.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts