Pirate 4x4 banner

681 - 700 of 736 Posts

·
Registered
885 Posts
Another Chicoan here. Had to go to Stanford for my little guy (was not even 1 at the time). Came out kickin! That was two years ago still goin strong. You're quite literally in the best hands there, good luck awesome build see you at the high lakes.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #682 (Edited)
Another Chicoan here. Had to go to Stanford for my little guy (was not even 1 at the time). Came out kickin! That was two years ago still goin strong. You're quite literally in the best hands there, good luck awesome build see you at the high lakes.
This is great to hear buddy! I look at what I have to endure with cancer and I think about how the kids and their families doing cancer even start to deal with it and it kills me! When I'm done and have beaten cancer and finish my junk,this jeep is going to be a tool for me to do fundraisers for money for people like you and families with kids with cancer to give back through my wheeling! I'm going to be organizing and putting on runs to raise money for local hospitals and families effected by this!! It would be great raising money for this doing what I love,Wheeling!! I hope one day you will run into me at the high lakes raising money for kids with cancer! Once again great to hear he is doing great, god bless and wheel on!

·
Registered
885 Posts
That would be great! Let me know if I can help any. I do need to clarify however that we weren't in the cancer wing we were in the Lucile Packard Children's hospital. We were in for liver issues unrelated to cancer (thank god). At the time we didn't know what it was, worst case scenario being liver transplant. Turned out not to need it. I just remember taking him into Enloe, doing bloodwork, and at 1 am the ER physician coming in with a white face saying "we are going to airlift you to Stanford, this is bigger than us". Stomach.......punched.
On a side note, I had to drive there through Oakland on the night of the Ferguson riots when they were blocking freeways with tire fires. That was fun.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #684 (Edited)
Either way children in general shouldn't have to go through any of it in my book! Stanford is top notch and I hear only good and have experienced it first hand! Yeah, hey trying to keep all the hardcore guys happy and not turn my thread into a poor me so pm me anytime buddy and I will keep u in the loop on the charity runs and get u any info or simply go wheeling,k, just stay tuned on here for my junk to get done and me beating cancer!!;) wheel on!!

·
Embrace the Suck
2,095 Posts
need to hear an update from ya bud!

·
Registered
244 Posts
That's the truth! I was thinking last night the same thing. Keep pushing my friend. Keeping you in the prayers over on the other side of states.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #688 (Edited)
Sorry fellas, been lagging on posting up with treatment at Stanford being closer together but going good guys ,cancer wont kick my ass, I got this! Thanks for keeping me in your thoughts and prayers fellas much appreciated and I will take all I can get,you guys rock but here is the latest.
made a card board template to get the tranny main shaft nut dimensions and figured out that a dana 44 spindle nut socket is the same size with a little light grinding and welding an 1/2" socket back to it,it worked flawlessly!! They wanted like $250.00 bucks for the socket and that's just not in my budget right now. So "G" man hooked me up! Thanks buddy for the help!

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #689 (Edited)
After we got the balancer off the trans main shaft I put the new tail housing on temporarily and adapter to check mounting position and shaft length for the atlas,looks like I'm going to have to fab up a new cross member but shouldn't be a problem!

·
Registered
244 Posts
Looking good T. Keep pushing along. You'll be done with yours before I'm done with mine at this point. Hang in there bud. We will keep the prayers up for you on the gulf coast of Mississippi.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I am new to the forum, while I have known about it for a long while through some other forums I am on, I am so glad I chose this thread as one of my first ones to read through. Truly an inspiring one through and through. Thank you for posting it all up to share.

681 - 700 of 736 Posts