Pirate 4x4 banner

701 - 720 of 736 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
I was looking for some inspiration today for my CJ build and re-read this thread.

Hope all is going well with you! I can't wait to see you finish this thing. Keep fighting

·
Premium Member
625 Posts
I'm sorry to inform everyone but Todd lost his fight with Cancer on June 25. Friends and family are are helping with completing his Jeep so his wife and daughters can enjoy it. The Jeep tub and body parts are at paint at this time and will be assembled when its done there.

·
P.B.A.
4,337 Posts
Jesus Christ I'm so sorry I've been following this build for years. T seemed like a good dude family guy and wheeler. Definitely had a passion for the sport and the people in it.

Please keep this thread updated. My prayers are with his family.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Sucks to hear this. Just like everyone else said, he seemed like a very positive guy that i would love to hang out with. His build is what convinced me to build my own YJ unlimited. So very sad to hear the news.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I'm sorry to inform everyone but Todd lost his fight with Cancer on June 25. Friends and family are are helping with completing his Jeep so his wife and daughters can enjoy it. The Jeep tub and body parts are at paint at this time and will be assembled when its done there.
My condolences go out to his Family and friends. I wish I could have met him. Its a small world though as I had found out he had ties here in Woodland where I live. My father in law even knew him as did my wife in fact his dad was at my wedding! My father in law went up to to the wake and when he came back that day he was talking about a few of the rigs that were there. As we were talking I was telling him about my build plans for my Jeep and how this thread had inspired me as it was one of the first threads I chose to read when I became a member here. That's when I realized who he was. Then looking back through the pics I saw a person I knew and it all made sense. Thanks for posting the update I was waiting until someone did as I wanted to post that this build was honestly my main motivator to start my Jeep project. So T if your up there watching I know its not just me you inspired with your will and determination as I am sure there are a lot of others still here with the same thoughts. Godspeed wheel on.

·
Registered
244 Posts
My heart just fell to the floor gentlemen. I never got to meet "T". I agree with one of the other posts that his attitude and enjoyment for life was inspirational. What a guy. I hate this terribly for his family and friends. I know he must've been such a good dude. He helped me out with some sway bar brackets for my rig and I had some cut out by his buddy in cali at the laser shop. He was always willing to help out. My heart is certainly heavy in the state of MS. Won't forget you T next time I'm in the rocks out west. Prayers to his family

·
Premium Member
3,431 Posts
Very sad to read about this. I have not been on Pirate much lately (busy) and I just popped in here to see what's been going on......I'm with the others and my thoughts are with his family. Hope the rig gets done in Todd's honor. It's use and enjoyment will be a tribute to him I am sure.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Awwww man that really sucks. My Condolences to his family and friends. I got to chat with him a few times over the last few years he really was a really cool guy and his passion for life and this sport was infectious. If there's anything I can do too help get his CJ finished for his family please let me know!

·
Registered
461 Posts
Never met T but he seems like a stand up guy. I'm really sorry for the family's loss, prayers go out to them. I'd be willing to donate a few bucks to help finish the build if need be. I hope his kids get to enjoy it.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Just a heads up. I did send a PM to the guy that informed us of "T" passing with regards to helping fund his build so that his children and wife can enjoy it. I just think with > 100,000 views, the Pirate people could fund some of this. I have not received a reply yet. Don't know if there is a Go-fund me set up or anything. Please let us all know if anyone finds out anything.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Just a heads up. I did send a PM to the guy that informed us of "T" passing with regards to helping fund his build so that his children and wife can enjoy it. I just think with > 100,000 views, the Pirate people could fund some of this. I have not received a reply yet. Don't know if there is a Go-fund me set up or anything. Please let us all know if anyone finds out anything.
This is a go-fund me that was set up awhile back.

https://www.gofundme.com/toddharrisjeep

"GoFundMe's fee is 5% from each donation you receive. The payment processor fee is 2.9% + $0.30 per donation" Does this mean that they take 8% plus $.30 per donation? Im sure we could just PayPal money over to the family instead.

·
Registered
244 Posts
I'd mail his wife a check. Screw all the fees. For a worthy cause. I just need someone on the west coast to reach out to me that knows these folks. I'm way over here in Mississippi but I'm willing to help. Some of these vendors could surely donate some atlas flanges, limit straps, etc.

·
Premium Member
1,131 Posts
oh man this is terrible news, i too never met the guy but we exchanged quite a few PM's talking about different ideas. Really enjoyed his positive attitude and overall outlook on lift, really hope they can get this finished up so his family can get out on the trails and share the memories he wanted to make with them. So sad to hear!!!

701 - 720 of 736 Posts