Pirate 4x4 banner

721 - 736 of 736 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,976 Posts
Holy crap where have I been? I totally am floored with the news as I just read it. Man I talked to him several times through pm and he was just a great guy who always helped no matter what the question. I would pop in time to time to see his build which was AWESOME and man it kills me to see of his passing. I hope he is up there doing his thing and offroading away!

·
P.B.A.
4,337 Posts
Does anyone know the families Facebook page? I would think the family would think it’s cool a bunch of strangers are interested in seeing them finish the jeep or maybe some members close might be willing to lend a hand.

·
Embrace the Suck
2,095 Posts
did anyone ever see it for sale. One of the few rigs on here I consistently was excited to read about and if I could afford it I'd be interested.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi all, I am the oldest daughter of T-Love, and knew that if I could find some happiness I’d find it here. Reading everyone’s posts on here has me crying bittersweet tears. I never full understood the impact my dad had on those around him. He truly was an amazing dad. It has almost been three years now, but the grief doesn’t get easier. Especially because he was a big part of my life and definitely on of the best parts too. He taught me so many things about cars and wheelers, I can change my own oil and tires hahaha. I wanted to thank every heart felt response on here. He LOVED this forum and it had a huge impact on him, knowing that he could help someone out across the country. I miss him everyday, and try to do things in his honor. I’ve even become a bad-ass fisherwoman if I do say so myself (only using his fishing gear of course). And his younger daughter is just as good of a driver as he was. We love him so much, he meant the world to us. My mom, sister, and I will always have a huge hole in our hearts, but reading his old posts and threads on here helps to keep him alive in our hearts. You guys are awesome! Thank you!

·
P.B.A.
4,337 Posts
Wow. So glad you found this. I didn’t know your dad but his caring attitude definitely showed in his post on here. He was always commenting with encouragement and advice.

Some of us have been wondering what happened to his Jeep?

As most of us our Passion Is our vehicles and a direct reflection of who we are. Your dad making it longer to haul his family is a great example.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Unfortunately we had to sell it, due to financial issues, however it went to a family friend who is more than willing to sell it back to me when I can afford to buy it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Does anyone know the families Facebook page? I would think the family would think it’s cool a bunch of strangers are interested in seeing them finish the jeep or maybe some members close might be willing to lend a hand.
Hello, unfortunately I finally just figured out how to find my dads pirate 4x4 account after three years! I am his oldest daughter and would love for everyone who wants to look at his Facebook tribute page to look up “Friends of T-Love-Todd Harris” on Facebook. There you can you can watch the tribute poetry my sister and I made for him as well as see pictures of him. Sorry this is so late, we had no clue about how to find this page and how involved his amazing followers were. If you could spread the word on how to find his Facebook page that’d be awesome! Thank you all for being so amazing!

·
Slab King
47 Posts
Hi all, I am the oldest daughter of T-Love, and knew that if I could find some happiness I’d find it here. Reading everyone’s posts on here has me crying bittersweet tears. I never full understood the impact my dad had on those around him. He truly was an amazing dad. It has almost been three years now, but the grief doesn’t get easier. Especially because he was a big part of my life and definitely on of the best parts too. He taught me so many things about cars and wheelers, I can change my own oil and tires hahaha. I wanted to thank every heart felt response on here. He LOVED this forum and it had a huge impact on him, knowing that he could help someone out across the country. I miss him everyday, and try to do things in his honor. I’ve even become a bad-ass fisherwoman if I do say so myself (only using his fishing gear of course). And his younger daughter is just as good of a driver as he was. We love him so much, he meant the world to us. My mom, sister, and I will always have a huge hole in our hearts, but reading his old posts and threads on here helps to keep him alive in our hearts. You guys are awesome! Thank you!

Wow. Todd just keeps on being an inspiration.

As a Jeep owner and crawler builder, he inspired myself and most everyone else reading this to get after it and not to be afraid to dig in and build what was in our minds.

While fighting cancer he showed us all THE absolute BEST possible attitude and outlook. I only hope that during any hardship I can muster any semblance of his "I got this" attitude. As a cancer survivor myself I know what it's like in the room getting treatments. It ain't easy folks. Todd's stories of driving nurses crazy with his RC jeep had me laughing and crying at the same time. Bless his indomitable spirit.

And now, years later, we can all see what an inspiration this man was as A PARENT. Dammit, If I knew my daughter would speak of me the way you speak of T-Love I'd die a happy and content man. That's the truth. I'm so sorry you lost this clearly amazing individual so soon but I know you are thankful to have had him while you did.

All my best to you and your family.

·
Registered
5 Posts
This post had me in tears. Thank you so so much for the kind words. My dad found strength in the love he gave others, and it obviously shows through these heartwarming posts you guys leave on here. I really appreciate you guys so much. I can’t explain how much these posts bring the memory of my dad back to life. He is with you guys in your builds, as he was when he was here with us in person. Please know that you all had his spirits up and are what he looked forward to when logging in. Anything you guys share on here truly helps me remember the sheer love my dad shared with everyone, even people he just met. Love to hear from you guys!

·
Registered
244 Posts
I had the opportunity to talk with your dad a few times about his build. I am from Mississippi and was planning on some day wheeling with him. He actually got SoCal laser to cut me some sway bar brackets which are now on my rig. Think of him often when wheeling out west. Great guy.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Today marks three years since the passing of my dad. Let me tell ya it’s a hard one. I’m grasping for every last bit of him, but it doesn’t make up for losing him. Thank you all for kindness and support, it helps a great deal knowing that there are people out there that admired my dad. I hope you all are well. And gosh dang it do I miss him.

721 - 736 of 736 Posts