Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This will help you make cartridge or poly joints into adjustable units for use on control arms. You cut and weld them as you see fit to fabricate your own arms.

4 Different size kits:

1 Kit consists of:
- B7 Alloy (Chromo) UNF RH Threaded Rod
- Zinc Plated Jam Nut
- Threaded Tube Insert
- Machined Reinforcement Sleeve (.250 wall thickness)

Threaded Rod Sizes:
- 3/4" with a 1" ID tube insert.
- 7/8" with a 1" ID tube insert.
- 1.00" with a 1.25" ID tube insert.
- 1.25" with a 1.50" ID tube insert. (This threaded insert is 3.50" long with 2.50" of threads...they are real nice :D )

Price:
3/4": 25.00
7/8": 26.00
1.00": 28.00
1.25": 30.00

Give Mad4wd a call if interested or if you have any questions @
330-549-9082

Thanks,
Larry

Attachments

·
Registered
946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The sleeve slides over the threaded rod. They are both then fit and welded to the joint or bushing sleeve. We drill 2 1/2" holes through the sleeve to rosette weld sleeve to the threaded rod. We then tig weld around the sleeve (45* part) where it meets the threaded rod for added strength. If you would weld the threaded rod directly to the joint, the heat affected zone of the weld would make the threaded portion considerably weaker and prone to bending. Am I making sense?

Larry

·
Registered
935 Posts
TJFan, do you sell joints with these already welded on??? if so, can I get a quote for 4 shipped to 93940 like that, if not, can i get a quote for 4 sets of components shipped

·
Registered
31 Posts
i need two kits to go inside 1.5" ID tube. shipped to 95688. thx

·
Registered
766 Posts
with such a fine thread can i skip the jam nut and use a solid bushing and alow the threaded rod to spin? i would use the largest size you have for this.

thanks, chip

·
Registered
73 Posts
sawzallsammy said:
with such a fine thread can i skip the jam nut and use a solid bushing and alow the threaded rod to spin? i would use the largest size you have for this.

thanks, chip
I am asking the same question. Please PM me. Thanks

·
Registered
2,781 Posts
I would highly recommend not allowing the threaded rod to spin. There is a lot of force there and the threads will just get destroyed over time. The joint is only like $20 more than a bushing, and you don't have to replace the bushings. Just do it right the first time, you won't regret it.

·
Registered
165 Posts
If you are looking for a quote on arms, give us a call on the phone please, Thanks!

thanks, chip
Chip, I would not recommend that as the threads will get destroyed in a short time.

Does welding on the threaded rod weaken it? What grade is the threaded rod?
The rod is Chromo, and I am sure the welding has a small impact on the strength of the rod, but we have not had any issues and we have built and sold alot of these.

On the shipping quotes, One kit weighs 4.0 lbs and we are in 44514 zip code so you can look that up on UPS.com.

thanks!

Tanner

·
Registered
252 Posts
put my order for 2 in today and i'll report back later
larry is an awesome vender to deal with!!!!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts