Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 611 Posts

·
Registered
4,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
so the heims should be here soon - going with 1.25 with 5/8 high mis. spacers - does anyone know where to get square tube adapters ?? i was going to make them - but --- :flipoff2: - the pinion angle was a guess - not going to run a cv in the rear - will post pics of the front radius arms next -

·
Registered
4,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
front arms

on so some mock up pics - axle moved 3" forward - the hp 44 in the pics will be swaped for a 60 when i get on - untill then i have a 8lug 44 im going to use for mock up -

·
Registered
871 Posts
I like what you got going. I'll be curious to see how that works. It seems like that setup may limit your flex because you don't have any way for the arms to twist. You may want to change your frame-side mounts to a more traditional style that came stock on ford fronts. You could even cut the end of a stock arm off and weld it on the end of what you have made there. Then you could use the bushings and mounting brackets. Still looks pretty beast though.

·
Registered
4,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
there will be a kicker on the top of the 60 truss to the middle of the drivers arm - -- mabey on the pass- too - well see - tring to get ok flex from it -

·
Registered
4,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
the rear is a 3 link - heim on the upper link and on the lowers at the axle arms wont twist to much - plus the coilovers may mount to the lower links and i didnt want then to twist side to side - - i think the fles should be good - as the lower arms only get closer when it flex s - they shouldnt need to twist - right ?

·
Registered
4,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
as for the front - ther will be only one kicker - will go on top of the truss for the 60 then back to the arm - with heims - on the driers side - the passenger will be like the arm in the pics - axle should twist without bind- google a tj long arm kit and you will se what i mean by a kicker

·
Registered
9,297 Posts
that rear upper crossmember doesnt have much room for exhaust
you gonna punch a tube through it or ???

·
Registered
4,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
like this

same idea - this should allow the axle to twist like a wristed arm / axle would- :smokin:

·
Registered
4,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
tsmall07

ok - i think you mean like / \ when the axle flexs - that is what th heims at the frame are for think big ass cage arms -

·
Registered
4,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
- bushing at the axle - then 1.25 heim at the frame - heims arnt in pic - dont have them yet - the new super dutys have this idea - 3 bushings in one arm - and im ony going to run one arm this way - the other will "float "

1 - 20 of 611 Posts