Premium Member
739 Posts
i dont believe it snows in cali and its in a shop. wheres the Updates?????lol

·
Registered
4,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #482
shhhhhhhhh - they are coming :smokin:

in fact there are a few changes too - but you all will have to wait untill i get a few more parts in :flipoff2:

·
Registered
4,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #485
as soon as the parts get in to replace the shit arron and i hacked off ( after a few toooo many :flipoff2: ) ill post the new pics

and joey i found all the little BSW tags you put all over my shop :flipoff2:

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
you know Dan your are going to have to get ur junk going soon so u can wheel. you don't get the calls because ur junk is just that junk. so get to work on the terd so we can go wheel in. We have been waiting long enough.:flipoff2::flipoff2:

·
Registered
4,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #488
hutch dont make me tow your 44s through the mud again :flipoff2:

i could just fix the jeep and show you how to wheel :flipoff2::flipoff2:

and if ryans heep went there my dd could :D

·
Registered
4,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #492
not really - i got 44s and a big block - :flipoff2:

ok so it seems everyone is wanting an update, and frankly so do i. so here we go :flipoff2:

a few weeks ago the BSW crew was over and talk started to turn into cutting and some changes in ideas. joey thought i should cut off the body as the cage looks wicked, and it would be better with no panels. but then again that is how his shit ends up. trailerguy / aaron and i drank a little more and i starting saying how the front was taller than i wanted and bal bal bla -

so -

i cut up the radius arm design in the front and removed the upper mounts. so now it will be a true 3 link. with 1.25 heims in the upper link and the bushing / 1.25 in the lowers. the original upper hit the frame so i couldnt lower it more than the factory ride height. so now its moved and squeezed over. the track arm still limits the uptravel another 2". but it has to go there, as the steering got in the way.

the pics are at almost 1" from bump in the front, but 3.5-4" in the rear. so now after i go hydro in the front, and move the track arm it can have 2.5 -3" more bump in the front. ride height will be a few ( 2-3 ) taller than in the pics - that is when i go hydro ( witch is based on some other $ issues - but im hopping in late spring )

·
Registered
4,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #493
but there are no pics of that yet - because the heims are on backorder ( i didnt know when i ordered them )

so i had to do something,

i got some 14 bolt disk brake mounts from gravel maker ( 1 day turn around :smokin: ) and hit the parts store. just a note, the brakets were of very nice fit and quallity - however i dit have to drill out the mounting bolt holes a tiny bit, and open up the caliper mounting a tiny bit. but all in all fuckin nice stuff.

i also got calipers and pads for the front ( svt stole my good shit for his build :shaking: ) but i got a good hook up on parts, so its was all good.

tomorrow im going in to town to swap on rear caliper as it was miss boxed, i think it is a 1/2 ton caliper. the other caliper - the right one has a 3" opening, and the other was 2 3/4" but i didnt see that untill after i painted it and went to slap it on :shaking::homer:

also im picking up some hard and braded lines for the rear.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #494
as long as the steel shop is open, i will finish the rear arms ( plate the bottom, sides and close the rear ) and get the dom for the 3rd link.

im also going to hit up the jy for a tranny pan to mod -

if all goes well all the big brake shit will be done and most of the lines run. rear arms should be finished along with the finger on the diff cover. if i get that far i might try to mount the hydro boost :smokin:

i want to fucking drive it :mad3::smokin:

·
Registered
328 Posts
awesome build! Can't wait to see the finished product.:smokin:

·
Registered
4,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #497 (Edited)
see, all you needed was motivation.. :flipoff2:
dont be scared son :mr-t:

p.s. i wont tell anyone my smallblock makes more power than your 460...

um thats because it dosent :flipoff2: - when its done it should be near 550 - with my parts combo ( according to my desktop dyno ) :flipoff2:

and its not the modivation thats the problem - its lack of cash flow - but quite a few of welding side jobs have been helping

·
Registered
4,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #500
well today i got the right caliper, and installed it. however i held off the brake lines untill i can sit down and make a list. cuz there are going to be a fuckload of fittings - :eek:

so i removed the rear lower arms and finished them. the bottom was plated with .250 flat bar. then the rear was cut and finished. hell i even painted them ( not the color i wanted but they had started to rust )

so just a few pics. first is the side view - front is around 3/4" from bump - rear is 4". after i rework and finish the front ( with the full hydro ) then the front will be able to drop 3" from the pic. everything should clear no problem. that is untill i get the 47s - but ill lower the bumps them :grinpimp:

Attachments

481 - 500 of 611 Posts