Pirate 4x4 banner

141 - 160 of 611 Posts

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
it has just over an inch of slop - ( looks like more but my had moved the tape as i took the pic ) - so here is an poser shot untill i fix her up

the carb is an old 600 holley i had on the bench- and the air filter was burried in a box from who knows what
i like the oversprayed valve covers. lol... did you ever get them ebay covers ordered? and dont you think that air filter is a little on the small side? :flipoff2::laughing:

·
Registered
4,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #142
so the plan is to get some new/used alum. valve covers ( bling ) and some more paint, gaskets,water pump, timing chain, new balancer ( rubber missing ) and HEI - and have to fix the dent in the oil pan :D

im also going to use the newer serp belt pulleys and make my own dual alternator and PS pump mounts. might put a air comp. on too - but we will see - more later -

·
Registered
4,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #143 (Edited)
no lost the ebay - price went to almost as much as new ones - 100 plus shipping - to jegs 129 with free shipping - and new -
and you are one to talk about overspray
and the filter i think is off jasons jeep -

·
Registered
4,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #145
there are thee colors - old ford blue ( very dark ) new ford blue - light like a early dodge blue - then just ford blue - which this is -

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
I like the poser shots, just need some shocks in there, The mog hubs came out good, thanks, I have that 203 range box with the 8620 shaft all ready to go, so if you decide to go that route let me know, I have some stencils so we can make the adapter ourselves, hurry up and get this thing done so we can do some wheelin :flipoff2:

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
I like the poser shots, just need some shocks in there, The mog hubs came out good, thanks, I have that 203 range box with the 8620 shaft all ready to go, so if you decide to go that route let me know, I have some stencils so we can make the adapter ourselves, hurry up and get this thing done so we can do some wheelin :flipoff2:

wheelin? psh. both you guys need trucks before you can go wheelin. :flipoff2:

and F250... i thought you said that axle would flex? :flipoff2:
no seriously, is that maxed?

·
Registered
4,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #149 (Edited)
yep - that is measured out with 16" coilovers - see the tube ? 1.75 with 1.5 inside mock up - :D axle is at 29 deg.
shocks are 10 deg tilted forward - if it had the other tire on there, it would be over 38" off the ground - with the rear only - not to shabby

but it will need 1.5 " or more wheel spacers or the shocks will rub

·
Registered
4,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #152
Its out

Finally the pos 351m is out. it was harder than i thought, as it has seized from sitting over the years with no carb / dist ( thanks svt :flipoff2: ) and it took 20 min with big ass bar - and 2 cans of wd40 - and a welded on socket ( broke it and my knuckles ). It didnt help that its so high off the ground, and on unstable tall stands. so close to the edge of the shop, 3 " drop to the gravel, adn as always by my self ( i did have my bolt helper son -5yrs )

·
Registered
4,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #153 (Edited)
oh and the picker is made in the shop floor, with a 12 bottle jack - can swing 360 deg. but is fixed in one point, and will not lower to the ground - thats why i put it in the truck / not the ground

going to clean the frame, and pop the 460 in there and make some mounts, going to lower it around 2 " and rearward 2-3 "

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
yay! progress! what the fuck happened to "the jack wont clear the roof"... looks like it came out well. i like the idea of the "drive the pick-up under the motor" instead of the plywood idea.

btw... its on for this sunday. he PMed me. ill have to help you drop the 460 in there as payment. :D

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
:flipoff2:

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
Well, here are some new pics. We put in the motor today, and made up some motor mounts. Took a couple quick pics with my phone...

here they are...

purdy aint it?

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
well done on those motor mounts

141 - 160 of 611 Posts