·
Registered
6,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

Attachments

·
nice roach.
5,739 Posts
Not really a fan of the expanded steel grille, but it looks like you got a solid tow rig there. Are you wired for trailer brakes and do you have a good trans cooler?

·
Registered
499 Posts
Looking good Ken!

Did you ever decide if you're going to replace the rear bumper? If you are looking for one, you know I've got to have one out at my place. :D

Later!
Richard

·
Registered
67 Posts
Paint looks pretty good. Did you do it yourself? I like the color... If not where did you get it done and how much did they charge?

You should stop by sometime and check out my dad's newest toy, I don't know if you have seen it or not. He got a 65 Chevy Stepside longbed w/ a 5.7Vortec, 4l80E, and a 14bolt rear. All out of a 97 2500. It has AC, the 97 Steering column, and a dakota digital dash. Unfortunately it doesn't even have a hitch on it yet, all it needs are some swaybars and a hitch and it will tow my jeep really nice :) ... I just have to talk him into it.

Do you plan on just a standard hitch to pull a trailer with or are you going to do some kind of 5th wheel setup? What about rear springs? Just curious... -Tim

·
Registered
6,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
jhama78 said:
Not really a fan of the expanded steel grille, but it looks like you got a solid tow rig there. Are you wired for trailer brakes and do you have a good trans cooler?
Ya I was not to sure either of the grill, but if you saw the one that came on it, I sure can not complain about the $5 the new grill I made cost.

Yes, I am putting in a tranny cooler, and a freind of mine is wiring it up for trailer barkes soon.

·
Registered
6,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Tim88XJ said:
Paint looks pretty good. Did you do it yourself? I like the color... If not where did you get it done and how much did they charge?

You should stop by sometime and check out my dad's newest toy, I don't know if you have seen it or not. He got a 65 Chevy Stepside longbed w/ a 5.7Vortec, 4l80E, and a 14bolt rear. All out of a 97 2500. It has AC, the 97 Steering column, and a dakota digital dash. Unfortunately it doesn't even have a hitch on it yet, all it needs are some swaybars and a hitch and it will tow my jeep really nice :) ... I just have to talk him into it.

Do you plan on just a standard hitch to pull a trailer with or are you going to do some kind of 5th wheel setup? What about rear springs? Just curious... -Tim
Thanks Tim,

I had "Peach" paint it in Raleigh

Ya I have seen your dad's remember when I built you your rock rails, it was there that day.

I am going to be putting on a class 3 hitch or bigger.
So far the rear springs are fine too, but I have only pulled light loads, so we will see over time.

Ken C

·
Registered
4,738 Posts
Looks great Ken!

Tim.. what a kick-ass tow rig in disguise!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts