Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 20 of 135 Posts

·
Registered
5,545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
We are cleaning up and getting ready. Our first big trip will be EJS in Moab March 20-26th. But we decided just the other night to make a quick run down to Hot Springs Feb 25-26-27 just to try out some changes in the chassis and the motorhome. Some chassis changes are below.

Last year we learned 3/4 himes dont cut it in the rig and 1.5" dom tubing for links sucks. So we upgraded to 4130 heat treated 2" .500 wall lowers with some 1.25" himes from Station on the rear. And that fixed the rear and bought us some time. Last weekend we headed over to Frankies new shop to upgrade the front. Heres some pics of the new shop

256-413-8300
740 steele staion road
rainbow city al. 35906

Attachments

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
Awesome - how are you guys renting that shop, is it going to be a business, or just some friends that went in together to rent it??

·
Registered
5,545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Frankies shop is great. He is starting back with some chassis work but is mostly doing gears and lifts. He is a new man.

Back to my house. I got it jacked up in the garage ready to have a heavy night of wrenching when we had some curious visitors. (Alicia, My wife, Jessica)

Attachments

·
Registered
5,545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
elf_cruiser said:
Awesome - how are you guys renting that shop, is it going to be a business, or just some friends that went in together to rent it??
This is Frankies Offroad. Its his shop. He moved out of the pole barn. :p

Dan

·
Registered
5,545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
They asked "what can we do?" So I handed them some clean rags and demanded to see some shine :)

Attachments

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
Man - you rule! that last pic is killing me! I didn't realize that was frankie's new shop, I thought you just got tired of keeping your junk in the garage. Tell him I said congrats!

·
Registered
5,545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
They said "look here, we want to fix something" So I let them tighten the drive shaft bolts to se if they had any skillz

Attachments

·
Registered
5,545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
No problem, this is what we want.

See how happy they are, they just wanted to get their hands on my tools :D

Attachments

·
Registered
5,545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Ok now we move onto bigger things. The shocks needed revalving. Alicia and Jessica jumped right in.

I explained to her the compression now is set at 75# and I want to raise it to 90#. She read the chart and decided to remove the three largest .012 valves and replace them with .015.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 135 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.