Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for ideas and hopefully some on-the-shelf products for doing a triangulated upper 4 link on an offset 9" housing. I ask specifically about offset axles because the upper tower would basically just be welded to tube, not the housing. I would appreciate links to products and / or pics of what you have done. Or just in general any pimp-tastic link bracketry on a 9" housing. Thank you.

·
Premium Member
12,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm not sure if Pirate is broke, my computer is broke, or your link is broke, but about 80% of all images on Pirate are not loading for me right now, including yours.

The forum in general is extremely slow right now for me as well.

·
Registered
8,947 Posts
Nope, everything is messed up everywhere. My whole build thread is now a blue boxed ?.

·
Premium Member
1,939 Posts
Interested in this too.

Btw all my photos on my thread and many others are working from tapatalk. Not sure if it matters, but my images are hosted through tapatalk also...

Matt

·
Premium Member
12,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nope, everything is messed up everywhere. My whole build thread is now a blue boxed ?.
Was looking through the build thread thread and noticed few working there. Internet broken! What do we do!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,947 Posts
Was looking through the build thread thread and noticed few working there. Internet broken! What do we do!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
Revolt and burn Canada down!!

·
Registered
8,947 Posts
Interested in this too.

Btw all my photos on my thread and many others are working from tapatalk. Not sure if it matters, but my images are hosted through tapatalk also...

Matt
If this is a push for their mobile app I'm going to be angry. I dumped photo yuck because I didnt want to pay.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
It's not just mobile, half of the site is messed up from PC too.

For the link mounts, pretty much the same things you see on front axles, just without the usual steering ram mounts attached.

Some search material would be rear engine Ultra 4 cars. Most of them are offset. (I did some research & heavy thinking on it, but chickened out in the end. :( )

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Maybe no help. But google Land Rover 90 rear axle. They are offset and run a upper wishbone. Single point at axle yes , but very simple

·
Premium Member
12,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Basically yes. But I envision both uppers made into the same mount. I'm also wondering if people are tying into the main housing or just using the tube.

·
Premium Member
826 Posts
I don't know if this will be of much help, but here's mine. I'm guessing you're planning on more triangulation than this though. That's a factory 9" housing with FF60 outers, BTF diff cover, Artec backbone truss, and the top truss is a couple of Ruffstuff Yota trusses that I chopped up and massaged to fit.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts