Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We're starting late on this, but we need to step up and try to deliver, regardless...

From Steve @ ESP:
"We'll be kicking off the traffic counts on July 1 for the weekend of the 4th and would like to set up a training session at the Loon Lake Kiosk that afternoon. The training will be brief and simple and the folks trained at that session can train the counters that will handle later shifts. Please get the word out and let me know how the coverage looks for the rest of that weekend. We can go over subsequent dates for counts at that time."

So please respond to my work email ([email protected]) with your availability to staff for that weekend:
- Days available (and times on those days)
. . . Friday, July 1
. . . Saturday, July 2
. . . Sunday, July 3
. . . Monday, July 4

- Telephone contact info

- Which end of the trail you can staff

We need flexible volunteers, as we have yet to clarify with ESP or their contract traffic consultant where we'll be doing the count, or how. :( Please provide your loose schedule availability and contact information -- I'll track it and get back to you after meeting with ESP to drive more specifics...

Randii

·
Premium Member
9,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
- Days available (and times on those days)
. . . Thursday, June 30: 8p-11:59p
. . . Friday, July 1: 12A-11:59p
. . . Saturday, July 2: 12A-3:00p
. . . Sunday, July 3
. . . Monday, July 4
. . . . . . other availability as required and at cost to my marriage :p

- Telephone contact info: 916-223-xxxx

- Which end of the trail you can staff: Either, as required, but prefer Loon

·
Registered
6,946 Posts
Since my rig isn't quite 'Rubicon Ready' (I haven't had time to work on it with the recent move to Diamond Springs), I can at least volunteer to man the kiosk. I can be available on Sat and/or Sun for up to 8 hours...

Call me at 916-803-6940 (cell)

·
Premium Member
9,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We had a GREAT turnout this weekend, even with fairly short notice (don't get me started on that, though!) :cool2:

I want to thank Rusty Folena and his buddy Dave; Bruce Wade and Claudia and their friend whose name I missed; the Thresher brothers and their friend Scott, Jeff Spellman; Mike and Deb Pulskamp; Patrick Leslie and his group of Rubicon Owners Group buddies; Scott Johnston, Rich Klein, and Lance Clifford. We had a great crew that together pitched in more than 500 hours after you factor in communte -- heck, my wife and dog even pitched in!

We had some folks who tried to come but couldn't make it (hope it wasn't my directions that did ya in!), and I appreciate their efforts, as well… it was a holiday weeked, and we had enough people to get the job done and fill the time in between, a bit. We'll see hoe the county's contractor's consultant's contract counter's (didja get all that?) numbers turn out -- I have a lot of paper to collate and organize at this end, but I can say that east-bound traffic was down dramatically from previous years.

I'll let you all know more about the numbers when I know more, but I wanted to take this time to shout out *THANKS* to the hard-working FOTR volunteers who prove yet again, that when the land-managers ASK, we DELIVER.

Randii

1 - 6 of 6 Posts