Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I will say it, I have been around the USFS for many years. Quite frankly, the only people they seem to care about, or listen to now adays are environmentalists, and indians. When Joe or Jane general public express concerns, you get lip service. When Jane, the wacko environmentalist challanges them, they get on their knees, conduct million dollar or more EA's, and EIS's, and basically kiss their a_ _.

The USFS has basically run off all of their true Silvaculturalists (foresters), and is loaded to the gills with Biologists (tree huggers). They are now a defunct organization that should be completely dis banded and start over. Only this time, here's a clue, hire silvaculturists, and leave the tree huggers for the Parks and Rec. ................

·
Registered
4,719 Posts
Welcome to the 21st centry. Nobody gives a sh!t about what you want they only care about what someone doesn't want or what offends someone.
This is a sad but true time.
Good news is I feel we have hit the pinnacle of thier rant and we are now getting some room to give are oppinion so don't give up, push harder.

·
Premium Member
3,919 Posts
we have had nothing but good relations with the FS in the district we deal with (Fordyce). Not to say that there aren't more bad one's then good one's, but we do have some friends :)

·
Land Use Zeus
2,881 Posts
USDA Forest Service

Unfortunately, I have to say that I am NOT happy with our overall relationships with the USDA Forest Service. Lip service is not management to me....and we -- Rubicon folks -- get a lot of lip service any more. I'm tired of it. The Spider Closure is a prime example.....Emergency closures should be reserved for when management fails....and here we have NO management. I don't intend to tolerate it quietly.

See my write up about Spider and the feds here:
http://www.delalbright.com/Rubicon/spider_05.htm

Thanks, Del

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
When the general population in Eldorado County gets wind of this coming court order, the pooh is going to hit the fan.

I want to see the map of the closed areas. Coming soon I guess.

Ahhh...

·
Premium Member
864 Posts

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
I mean the new map that the FS is going to use to enforce the new vehicle restriction which are based on the court order. I assume it won't be released until the order is actually signed.

Marlon

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Del, it is funny that the Eldorado National Forest, and the whole USFS for that matter seems very concerned for the forest environment, but quite frankly, they couldnt manage timber worth a hoot. Just take a look at any fire, or cut on USFS land, it will make you puke at how literally "lame" they are at growing conifers. Not to start a war, but I have just been around them way to long to frankly have "any" respect for those worthless "ologists"...........

·
Land Use Zeus
2,881 Posts
Spider Closure in Sac Bee

The Spider Lake closure hit the Sacramento Bee today, Monday, August 1st, Metro Section, B-1,2.
Many of my jabs did not make the article, but some did.
We got some comments like:
*off road users blame poor management for a decision banning vehicles from(spider lake)...*
*shame on the USFS, they haven't done enough to manage (the area)...*
and my favorite:
*The volunteers have done all the work. I'm sick of it. The Friends of the Rubicon are tired of it, says Del Albright*

A similar piece should be coming out in the Mountain Democrat any time.

If you want to get something to your local paper, drop me a note and I'll set you up with quotes and facts.
Del

1 - 10 of 10 Posts