Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First you mean bastards, nothing directly found on this topic in the search!!!

I wold like to add a little more wheelbase in the a$$ of my 94' Wrangler. Rear axle is a d60 and the Jeep is SOA. I cannot move or remove the stock gas tank, gotta family and they like to wheel too. My question is, If I use the front waggy springs in the rear, is the 60 going to hit the gas tank? There is tons of info on the waggy springs and using them on the rear, nothing about using a 60 rear though.

·
Registered
7,069 Posts
It all depends on how high you have the pinion cranked up, length of shackles and lift provided by the springs.

So yes it could and maybe not.

I have ran a 9" and 70 with that exact setup. The 9" never hit and the 70 did barely.

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hell, maybe i'll just go try it and see what happens. I want to run the longer boomerang type shackles because of the longer springs, maybe 1" longer. I do have my pinion up pretty high, guess i'll just have to see. Thanks for the help!

·
Premium Member
1,175 Posts
If you now have more than 2" clearance w/ the diff stuffed, you should be fine.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Bah there is info in the search about this, me and BigDude argued about it a year ago. You may or may not have enough clearance for that axle, some do some don't. I'd raise your gas tank a inch or two. That should help regardless.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts