Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Does anyone deal with used aircraft parts? I need to find some door hinges from a Sikorsky S-76. I think all those places are all out west and won't be open for a few hours so until then im looking for suggestions of good places that you have dealt with

·
Premium Member
1,887 Posts
I dont know where to get parts but that should be readily available. That chopper is used a lot in oil and gas

·
Registered
128 Posts
Maybe try Precision Heliparts in Louisiana, they're a great customer/vendor of ours and they work with a lot of offshore operators. Maybe they can atleast point you in a direction.

·
Registered
22,758 Posts
Are you looking for servicable parts (airworthy)?
This.

Because if so, why the fuck are you asking here? That's not how it works, it just isn't. :laughing:

If it's for a static display or something like that, and a set of fucked out red tagged hinges will work, phone current or previous operators and beg. Because otherwise it's going to be expensive.

·
Registered
17,546 Posts
This.

Because if so, why the fuck are you asking here? That's not how it works, it just isn't. :laughing:

If it's for a static display or something like that, and a set of fucked out red tagged hinges will work, phone current or previous operators and beg. Because otherwise it's going to be expensive.
Aren't you a helo driver?

·
Wut?
14,914 Posts

·
Registered
22,758 Posts
Then you're a helo tweeker?
Wrench.

Tweaks are spark farmers. :laughing:

If OP is actually looking for used serviceable, I'm not sure where to point him because we wouldn't normally buy used anything that's a "wrecker" type part out of the US. Tempest might have something, I think they stripped a few 76As, and they are competitive. The suggestion to try Precision Heliparts is a good one. Honestly phoning another operator is often the best bet, most of them aren't unwilling to share who their vendors are or might be willing to sell something if they have a parts machine.

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
Does anyone deal with used aircraft parts? I need to find some door hinges from a Sikorsky S-76. I think all those places are all out west and won't be open for a few hours so until then im looking for suggestions of good places that you have dealt with
Try Brad Kilby.

He's into airplane stuff.

·
Premium Member
678 Posts
If you have a real Sikorsky Part Number I'll check for you.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
I do this for a living and that airframe is a pretty common one around here... what are you looking for? Like mentioned above, if you are looking for airworthy parts, you are in the wrong place...and you are going to be VERY surprised by what they will cost you. If you are looking for some as removed desert junk...you will probably also still be surprised what it could cost you, but the parts can most certainly be found for you

·
Premium Member
7,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
In a former career I was an A&P working on Falcons and Gulfstreams, I am very aware of the prices of airworthy parts. This is for wrecked air frame that needs to have a door open and close properly. The next landing pad for this will probably be in a scrap yard

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
In a former career I was an A&P working on Falcons and Gulfstreams, I am very aware of the prices of airworthy parts. This is for wrecked air frame that needs to have a door open and close properly. The next landing pad for this will probably be in a scrap yard
PM me exactly what you are looking for and I will see what/if we can source something for you.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts