Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any suggestions, I have a 1990 4x4 v6,automatic deluxe king cab.Just stopped moving.It seems to have mood swings if it will move at all when shifted into gear. I live in San Diego, Ca. Looking for a used cheap trans to swap so I can sell the truck. Any ideas where I can get one. Not looking to spend much as I want to sell it.Or do you think I could sell it not moving and do better, rebuit motor , perfect body, interior. Thanks Henri
[email protected]

·
Registered
3,885 Posts
Try the Auto trader's and parts trader, got em in all the 7-11's

·
Premium Member
15,352 Posts
Auto's are :rainbow:

·
Banned
4,037 Posts
yah you know i totaly agree on that one mike :rolleyes: for mild stuff and snowwheeling they kick ass, but toyota autos when put to the task just dont cut it. popping out of gear when vertical is soooooooo fun i tell you

·
Vendor
4,132 Posts
Yeah definatly get rid of the auto. Now is the time to go manual since you are replacing it anyway. I only drive my auto on-road and I HATE IT. If I could afford it I would take the damn thing out and blow it to bits with a couple, that right a couple, sticks of dynamite! But I have my project truck so there is no money to be blowing things up with dynamite.
Just my thoughts.
Adam

·
Banned
4,037 Posts
:idea:
i am in the proccess of putting a 5 speed and duals into project 'ole man rig so if you really need the auto i will crate it up and send it to you just for the cost of shipping i, it works perfect but i just couldnt stand to sell it for reall money

1 - 7 of 7 Posts