Pirate 4x4 banner

2581 - 2600 of 6681 Posts

·
don't know nothin'
2,023 Posts
Went to UK farm auction. Bought 1995 chevy dualy with two fuel tanks in bed with electric pumps, big Knaack tool box,ran. When I picked it up it had a card from a fellow. He offered 500 over what I paid. Good Bye truck. Bought a 1/2 ton chevy off online auction,starts,runs well.Keeping it. Been a fun 2-3 weeks.

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
So I decided to light my outside stove this afternoon, it's supposed to be record cold tonight. Long story short, the son of a bitch caught fire! I have no idea if there was a mouse nest in there or a wasp nest but at any rate I used up my two big extinguishers so I called 911, I'm a half mile from the station and chief, they got here quickly.
For those of you that have never seen my build of it it's a hot air unit, I started with a Fawcette wood furnace made in syrup land and build a smalle steel stud house around it and metal roofing, it is/was insulated with fiberglass. It was nerve wracking for a minute or two! :eek:

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
So I decided to light my outside stove this afternoon, it's supposed to be record cold tonight. Long story short, the son of a bitch caught fire! I have no idea if there was a mouse nest in there or a wasp nest but at any rate I used up my two big extinguishers so I called 911, I'm a half mile from the station and chief, they got here quickly.
For those of you that have never seen my build of it it's a hot air unit, I started with a Fawcette wood furnace made in syrup land and build a smalle steel stud house around it and metal roofing, it is/was insulated with fiberglass. It was nerve wracking for a minute or two! :eek:
One cold morning many years ago. I was the first to arrive at the shop. We had a stove pipe heater, made from an old water heater and 20 odd feet of stove pipe. I tossed a burning sheet of paper in the bottom and opened the valve. It burped a flame out of every opening. In the flash that lasted a few seconds, it took my eye lashes, eyebrows and half of my hair....

·
Premium Member
10,667 Posts
Had a juvenile Red Tail hawk snatch a Dove out of the air about 10' in front of my face, I was looking right at it. They hit the ground, he adjusted his grip and took off. I've seen it before but never that close.

·
Registered
673 Posts
Started a new job on Monday. Kinda nice being a big cheese in a place where they wanted me to work for them and I get to run things.

Been a few years since I was in charge, previous place I had people report to me but also had to report to multiple bosses.

Pay increase at new place will nice to :smokin::smokin:

·
Premium Member
135 Posts
timing belt on my skidsteer blew when I started it the other night, thankfully its inside the shop. tore it down found the belt snapped (obviously), 2 or 3 bent push rods, and two broken valve springs. seriously contemplating just taking it in to get fixed as I have no ambition.

on the plus side bought a set of rockwells that I really don't need and will probably sit in my cold storage till next winter when I might install them :rolleyes: but the price was right at least, heading to pick them up in a little over a week.

·
Registered
5,183 Posts
Started a new non-union job this week, after a week in the union. Last job (before the week in the union) had no room to advance, and I was loosing my grip on my trade. New job, the crew lead is a guy who was my labourer when I left the company 6 or 7 years ago. Sure sucks when I realize how many cool jobs they have done, and how much my career and skills stagnated.
But...what a happier workplace. Happy company owner, happy employees. And I'm making an honest hourly wage, with overtime, paid time off, and all that good shit.
I took a $3/hr pay cut, and I sure as hell feel like I am $24/day happier!

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
I've spent the last 7 days under my Camaro installing a new clutch, cradle bushings, trailing arms, toe rods, and a chassis brace. Finally took it for a test drive last night and it's a shitshow. Clutch seems to be working fine but "service stabilitrac" shows up on the DIC, P0335 code, and it is running like shit. Been surfing the Camaro5 forum all morning and I'm hoping that my battery is just discharged enough to cause all this crap.

·
Registered
7,534 Posts
saw a geuine double rainbow at the house. it went all the way from horizon to horizon. most striking rainbow i've ever seen.

·
Premium Member
2,282 Posts
Took the "Old Man" out wheeling today... The group was a bunch of JK driving retired old farts, but none the less we had a lot of fun.
Who in the fuck wheels on a Tuesday morning??? :smokin:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,608 Posts
2581 - 2600 of 6681 Posts