Pirate 4x4 banner

2681 - 2700 of 6681 Posts

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Someone is drawing money out of my checking account.

I've talked to the company who is receiving the funds. They are not crediting my account but putting the credit to another account. 3 months of calls have been in vain, each time they said it's blocked.. Their answer now is for me to close and reopen a new checking account. They know who the woman is but will not share the info or stop her ability to make electronic payments.

I guess as long as they get a payment they don't care who's money she pays with...

The bank charges a fee to force the recovery of the funds. They say new checking account is the answer.

Why can't they block the company from drawing from my account?

The headache of chasing down all the companies who will suddenly be unable to draw payments....

Fuck electronic banking..........

·
Premium Member
7,598 Posts

I've talked to the company who is receiving the funds. They are not crediting my account but putting the credit to another account. 3 months of calls have been in vain, each time they said it's blocked.. Their answer now is for me to close and reopen a new checking account. They know who the woman is but will not share the info or stop her ability to make electronic payments.

I guess as long as they get a payment they don't care who's money she pays with...

The bank charges a fee to force the recovery of the funds. They say new checking account is the answer.

The headache of chasing down all the companies who will suddenly be unable to draw payments....

If they won’t say whose doing it and can’t stop it

It’s usually an inside job
Some employee at the bank or more likely one of their India service centers

My father had the same problem
Someone kept attempting transfers of $5000 each and the bank said they couldn’t stop it

Only cure was close account
That’s total bullshit
Bank employee doing it is the only reason I can think of that they couldn’t stop it

·
Registered
80 Posts

I would be calling company with strong words and talk of lawyers my .02

·
Registered
11,780 Posts
making an adapter plate from a TDI to a 4T65E, ain't got anything to measure long enough to lay out the plate properly, so I try transfer punching a few holes and sweeping arcs from them to locate the rest. It didn't work, so I get a new piece of plate and Panzerfuhrer helped me out in locating the holes on the plate, cool guy

get it home and go about cutting the register for the starter on the rotary table on the mill, make my first cut and it's .015" undersize, neat, so I move the table .015" to get it on size, the hole ends up .015" oversize. Well fuck me, forgot I was moving on the radius, haha

I'd located the starter pilot on the new plate based on measurements off of the old plate I'd measured everything wrong on, so the position ended up wrong anyways. Oh well, at least the dowel locations are all lining up this time.
I'll just make a separate plate for the starter to go on so it is adjustable for tooth mesh.

·
Premium Member
2,282 Posts
Picked this thing up for next to nothing from a friend that is moving out of state. Sat for 7 years or so. Found a set of alcoas at the junkyard, polished them up and threw some decent used tires on it. Spent Saturday fixing wires the mice ate, rebuilt the carb and she fired right up. Then all day Sunday cleaning the interior. 345 seems to run smooth and trans works.

Now I have to figure out why I bought it and what to do with it :laughing:

Drive as is, 4x4 swap, LS swap?? Would be a sweet camping rig with a LQ4/4l80/NP241

Dude... That is fucking bad ass. That is pure Animal House material, and is worthy of picking up the in-laws from the airport. :smokin:

·
Registered
686 Posts

Call the police and report a theft, then call the media. Banks love lots of attention about how they can’t keep your money safe.

15,446 Posts
Bought a Stihl demo saw with a missing top cover for 65 bucks awhile back. Then got the cover off ebay new for about 50 bucks and got it working good. Then I bought a Rescue blade for it and used it to cut up an old Formica countertop yesterday. Sweetness. Got an old camper body to cut up next.

·
Premium Member
3,942 Posts
Bought a Stihl demo saw with a missing top cover for 65 bucks awhile back. Then got the cover off ebay new for about 50 bucks and got it working good. Then I bought a Rescue blade for it and used it to cut up an old Formica countertop yesterday. Sweetness. Got an old camper body to cut up next.
Be sure to let us know how it goes. Every time I see a free class C or A I want to BDL it home and cut up and trash everything that isn't the drive-train. I know I'm not the only one. :laughing:

15,446 Posts
Be sure to let us know how it goes. Every time I see a free class C or A I want to BDL it home and cut up and trash everything that isn't the drive-train. I know I'm not the only one. :laughing:
It's an old pull behind. Rectangular cube from the 60s I'd guess and completely wrecked inside. Should make a decent small flatbed. Probably won't get to it until spring.

·
Premium Member
20,128 Posts
Picked this thing up for next to nothing from a friend that is moving out of state. Sat for 7 years or so. Found a set of alcoas at the junkyard, polished them up and threw some decent used tires on it. Spent Saturday fixing wires the mice ate, rebuilt the carb and she fired right up. Then all day Sunday cleaning the interior. 345 seems to run smooth and trans works.

Now I have to figure out why I bought it and what to do with it :laughing:

Drive as is, 4x4 swap, LS swap?? Would be a sweet camping rig with a LQ4/4l80/NP241

That is so sexy. Screw the boob thread, this is better.

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
That's badass, Logan!! I saw your other ones for sale. I want them badly but have no where to put them or $$$ :(. I say swap it, to end up with a bitchin camping rig. I'm parts collecting for a Scout 2 as an expo/mildwheeler/semi DD right now.
Dude... That is fucking bad ass. That is pure Animal House material, and is worthy of picking up the in-laws from the airport. :smokin:
That is so sexy. Screw the boob thread, this is better.
Thanks guys, drove it in to work today. Got some work to do but it at least moves, stops, and steers. Been a while since I drove a truck with 4.10 gears and no overdrive, kept waiting for the trans to grab another gear :laughing:

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
I dropped my Camaro off at a local shop to have gears, a true trac and a new diff cover installed on Monday of this week. I brought all of the parts to them, all they had to do was install them. It should have been done that day, but a new guy at the shop decided to use an impact to start the pinion flange bolts. Problem was he had the wrong bolt. Ended up destroying the flange and the bolt.

Unfortunately they had to order the pinion flange because no one in the valley had one. I'm supposed to be able to pick the car up today and the best part is that the shop owner gave me permission to chew the guy's ass a little bit. This should be fun!!

·
Registered
9,957 Posts

Yup. They're not in it for YOU!

They're in it because it's simple, and they don't have to do anything.

I hate giving anything auto-withdraws from my bank account.

Closing and reopening the account is easiest for EVERYONE ELSE.

Since they don't have permission to withdraw from your account, and won't stop the withdraws, I'd say the EASIEST method for your would be to charge them with wire fraud.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Fuck you strep or influenza or cold or whatever got its dirty fucking paws on me. The flaming throat, nagging cough of needles and razor blades, 5-ton trucks driving through my head and sinuses may kill me, but the insomnia is making me its bitch.

Rant over. Nothing to see here. I’m a giant pussy.

·
blatant asshole
12,110 Posts
Since we dont have either a lathe nor a mill at my shop my boss kicked me 2 milk crates with machinery tooling in them

Enco 203 4000 dividing head+ tail stock
Enco hhd1200 ecentric bore, face, and groove cutting head
Some morris taper adapters
Mt - jacobs chuck shank
13/16-1.5" mt shank drill bits
3/4-1.5" straight flute reamers
2 big ass knife reamers
And a tapered reamer as big as proilaters dick

Prob 12-1500$ worth of gear.

Now the fucked up part, i dont own a mill or lathe either! :(

My land lord is kind of a cheapass so i dont think he'll give any money for it even though he has both mill & lathe, i want to keep it all cause i plan on owning both eventualy, i would really kick my self in the dick if i sold it all and wanted it later.

2681 - 2700 of 6681 Posts