Registered
1,156 Posts

·
Registered
11,780 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,646 Posts
hm, I use a horribly outdated version of linux and have absolutely no idea how to do anything with it but internet

wonder if my shit's got that sorta herpes :laughing:
Depends on whether it's directly exposed to the public Intardnet, if it's running a firewall service, and what ports are open. What are you running?

·
Registered
11,780 Posts
Depends on whether it's directly exposed to the public Intardnet, if it's running a firewall service, and what ports are open. What are you running?
mint 17.2

I think it's right on the tardnet, I mean all that's there other than a gigabit switch is a DSL modem from 2008.

·
Premium Member
8,646 Posts
mint 17.2

I think it's right on the tardnet, I mean all that's there other than a gigabit switch is a DSL modem from 2008.
There's DSL modems, and there's DSL modems. You may have a combo device with a NAT firewall already. What's the IP address on the host?

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
So the kids friend is moving tomorrow, dropped the kid off toady and their family made an offhand comment about "want to buy a car? we aren't taking it with us"

:homer: - shit, don't tell me that

so now i've got a 1995 GMC C2500 for $1200, super straight body and interior, needs tires and some steering stuff. But it is a diesel, so in theory it should be a better commuter than my current 10-11 mpg :laughing:

anybody want to buy a truck? :flipoff2:
Sort of....Single cab or extended cab?

Im getting tired of strapping 4x8 sheets of plywood to the top of the WJ.

·
Premium Member
29,436 Posts
Sort of....Single cab or extended cab?

Im getting tired of strapping 4x8 sheets of plywood to the top of the WJ.
extended cab XLE or XLT whatever they call them.

I've got the new dampner and serp belts and pulleys coming in today for install Saturday.

hell, once I get that together i'll email you a picture if you are partially interested.

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
I've got an uncle who was one of my bigger influences, when I was 6 he had a cherry 79 bronco with a healthy 400 and chrome rims, he punched it in the dry river bed climbing a hill, pulled the front tires off the ground, I was hooked, and been a gear head ever since. He spent the next 15 years whoring around this side of the Missouri River, crashing bikes, getting fired, just generally being pretty awesome. He had a couple kids with some crazy bitch, divorced her, more or less kept the kids but not his balls. 6 months ago I pick him up at the airport, leaving work early, unpaid, driving a suburban 100 miles, he gets in, immediately complaining about the lack of legroom in the front seat of a full size SUV, he's 5'9". His son has long hair, his daughter has short hair. They complained and bitched and disrespected each other constantly the whole way. I dropped them off at my mom's, and didn't go back to visit my mom until after they left.
I find out today that the boy identifis as a girl, and the girl identifies as a boy. My family is a bunch of bleeding heart liberals and thinks this is ok. My gf is a bleeding heart lib. I now identify as a tank, fuck this shit.

The sooner the asteroid gets here the better

Edit, he landed in Portland for last 20 years, semi pertinent

·
Premium Member
1,530 Posts
I find out today that the boy identifis as a girl, and the girl identifies as a boy. My family is a bunch of bleeding heart liberals and thinks this is ok. My gf is a bleeding heart lib. I now identify as a tank, fuck this shit.

Lol I would get in so much trouble if I was put in that situation. I’m the asshole of my family which is actually pretty sweet as it allows me to say whatever I think. It’s not likely I’ll ever get off the asshole list either.

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
I've got an uncle who was one of my bigger influences, when I was 6 he had a cherry 79 bronco with a healthy 400 and chrome rims, he punched it in the dry river bed climbing a hill, pulled the front tires off the ground, I was hooked, and been a gear head ever since. He spent the next 15 years whoring around this side of the Missouri River, crashing bikes, getting fired, just generally being pretty awesome. He had a couple kids with some crazy bitch, divorced her, more or less kept the kids but not his balls. 6 months ago I pick him up at the airport, leaving work early, unpaid, driving a suburban 100 miles, he gets in, immediately complaining about the lack of legroom in the front seat of a full size SUV, he's 5'9". His son has long hair, his daughter has short hair. They complained and bitched and disrespected each other constantly the whole way. I dropped them off at my mom's, and didn't go back to visit my mom until after they left.

Edit, he landed in Portland for last 20 years, semi pertinent
My cousins kid that's a girl is becoming a man.

My wifes friend sister in law wrote an article that got posted by the Huffington post called Here’s Why I Decided To Spend Christmas With My Evangelical, Trump-Loving Relatives

So it could always be worse.

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
Yeah, I'm both the redneck black sheep, and the dependable one, aside from the liberal shit, my family is pretty well put together, and is very kind, we rely on each other for family shit, but when it gets commie flavored, I just bite my tongue.

I'm not real worried about my genes though, in the truck my 6yo piped up and said that fat people drive little cars and skinny girls drive big trucks because they have a man to take care of their bills :laughing:
I'll learn him on game, and gold diggers and such, but I think he's going to have a pretty good handle on reality

·
Registered
11,780 Posts
You can run the command "sockstat -l" to see what services are offered to the network..
sockstat -l

The program 'sockstat' is currently not installed. You can install it by typing:
sudo apt-get install sockstat

sudo apt-get install sockstat

sockstat -l

USER PROCESS PID PROTO SOURCE ADDRESS FOREIGN ADDRESS STATE
sockstat -l

USER PROCESS PID PROTO SOURCE ADDRESS FOREIGN ADDRESS STATE
Doesn't seem to show anything that it should.

·
Premium Member
2,282 Posts
Fucking house I am in is wired for surround speakers (rear). So I get a nice set of Polk speakers and hang them over the junction boxes with the assumption the wiring was good from the center AV wall box. This was May of last year; I did a quick check with an ohm meter (DVM) and discovered almost infinite resistance. So with all the other projects on my plate I decided to leave the rear surround disabled in order to prevent damage to the receiver. I thought for sure the wiring was fucked.
Well folks; who and the fuck couples a speaker AC style. I am an old fart and have never seen this before. It has been over six months with perfectly functioning speakers hanging dormant just looking at me. I now have them enabled and am ready to rock some 5.1 shit tonight. :flipoff2:

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
So as I was taking the trash to the curb this morning my feet went out from under me on some ice and BAM! down I went. My knee got twisted under me, my wrist hurts and so does my shoulder (all on the left side) I've had my left knee operated on 5 times and am not looking forward to having more problems with it. I am hoping it will feel better tomorrow after a night off of it. To top things off it's frickin cold here, about 10 degrees right now :(

2941 - 2960 of 6681 Posts