Pirate 4x4 banner

3001 - 3020 of 6681 Posts

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Isnt that like getting a demotion? :flipoff2:

Would the old shop happen to be a dealer in the LA area of Cali?
Yes and no. The Ferraris are much cooler and technically advanced, but the Viper team is a better atmosphere and I make more...

No its not. Not a dealer, private race team.

·
Registered
12,994 Posts
I work with a bunch of self obsessed educated idiots who only care about their departments. They are now starting to eat each other alive. I'm biding my time before I make them all look stupid. Me, the least educated of the bunch. It will be aggravating to get there, but I will enjoy it immensely.

·
Registered
5,183 Posts
I was shovelling snow at 730 yesterday morning. Finished about 1130pm. Heading back to clear sidewalks and walkways around apartment buildings again in 5 minutes. A lot of walkways are too thin to run a quad and plow down, so it's a 100% goon spoon show.

·
Registered
23,371 Posts
I was shovelling snow at 730 yesterday morning. Finished about 1130pm. Heading back to clear sidewalks and walkways around apartment buildings again in 5 minutes. A lot of walkways are too thin to run a quad and plow down, so it's a 100% goon spoon show.
Walk behind snow blower work?

·
Registered
5,183 Posts
Walk behind snow blower work?
Yes. And I had TENANT, not a building manager, not the management company we contract to, but a tenant in one of the buildings, tell me that there was one buried in a storage locker today. Pulled it out and found a freshly tuned up in 2007 snowblower. Added fuel and started blowin'!

Buuuut its Victoria, so the snow was wet, and we salted like motherfuckers last night, so there was an extra 1" of slush under it, so it was maybe 75% effective. But it beats shoveling! Only had my sidewalks plowed back into a mess twice today by the city...who will fine the management company if the sidewalks aren't clear.

I'm over it. 16 hours yesterday, 8 today. I'm taking tomorrow off. Unless it snows again. Then I'll work:laughing:

Also munched my hood on my f350 Sunday night, hit ice at under 20km and slowly slid off the road under an oak tree. Bought a new used hood, and when I picked it up, noticed a funky diesel smell. Hoping it the fuel bowl o ring leak that 7.3s are notorious for, apparently temperature change is a common X factor for it occurring, and we just had a cold snap.

·
Premium Member
9,391 Posts
I was supposed to fly out to MI today at 5pm, we have some weather here so it got canceled. Got a 9:45 pm flight (not excited about it but what ever)- which also got canceled.

Now we are on stand by for a 10:40a flight tomorrow. Which means Odds are I get to spend my day in the airport tomorrow if we don't get on that flight.

Which also means that we are most likely going to have to extend the trip, so instead of being home at 1pm on Fri it will be late fri or sat.

Fun fun fun

·
Registered
943 Posts
But it beats shoveling! Only had my sidewalks plowed back into a mess twice today by the city...who will fine the management company if the sidewalks aren't clear.
I can sympathize. We had some wet snow here over the last 24 hrs. and I was plowing my gas station out today. It was more slush than snow, and it was like plowing pudding. We are on a corner, and my manager had shoveled the sidewalks before I got there, but the township (who will write the fine for covered sidewalks) had plowed it back over again. I went toe to toe with a township truck plowing the street today and drove my truck right down the sidewalk pushing his mess right back out again.

Was it stupid and childish? Absolutely

Did it put a big/shit eatin' grin on my manager's face? Absolutely

"Team Building" at its finest.

·
Premium Member
2,280 Posts
Fucking "A" it's Tuesday! Wheeled and hiked out to Kohta Circus bitches! FUCKING "A" with a big fucking "A". :flipoff2::flipoff2::flipoff2:

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Also munched my hood on my f350 Sunday night, hit ice at under 20km and slowly slid off the road under an oak tree. Bought a new used hood, and when I picked it up, noticed a funky diesel smell. Hoping it the fuel bowl o ring leak that 7.3s are notorious for, apparently temperature change is a common X factor for it occurring, and we just had a cold snap.
Mines been leaking a little for 5 or so years. Helps keep the undercarriage from rusting

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
Been Surveying for what seems forever.

Thinking about going back to local commercial driving (I've left twice before to drive) day gig, not as much money, but I'm burnt on corporate engineering, people, and as dumb as it sounds, the mud and bugs.

Alot of meh going on in my head today.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,690 Posts
I took over the Quality department last June at work.
Going thru auditing all the NCR's in my department.

Absolutely a shit show.

1 NCR - Closed out because "couldn't find". It was right where it should have been. Also had the wrong part # was put on the NCR...
1 NCR- Closed after RW was created - No RW was ever created
1 NCR- NCR closed because needed work cell time for RW - Never tasked to person to assign time to work cell
1 NCR- Not in "blocked stock" so MRP thought they were still good.
2 NCR's - Return to Stock and were closed out. Somehow they were still sitting there...

From what i went thru today, probably 50-60% looked to be correct.

Same damn process every time, this isn't rocket science and yet the process clearly is failing on so many levels. :shaking:
Mainly due to laziness.

After i go thru more of these tomorrow, someone is not going to like the conversation that is going to be coming and what will occur if this repeats itself.

3001 - 3020 of 6681 Posts