Pirate 4x4 banner

3221 - 3240 of 6681 Posts

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
Been up for about an hour with a massive fucking headache! I can't get comfortable. I have nothing stronger than tylenol in the house :( I do have some liquor but after being dry for 30 years I can't see starting over with that shit this morning :flipoff2::D

·
Registered
22,763 Posts
Been up for about an hour with a massive fucking headache! I can't get comfortable. I have nothing stronger than tylenol in the house :( I do have some liquor but after being dry for 30 years I can't see starting over with that shit this morning :flipoff2::D
You're dehydrated.

Liquor will help* that.

*May not actually help in most circumstances.

·
Registered
7,364 Posts
I'm proud of you guys who are getting promotions and new jobs. A little of me is envious, but then I look up from my computer and see my 4 acre back yard with the little private runway back behind it and think, NAW!:flipoff2:
4 acres in north TX? I could only aspire to be that successful :flipoff2:

·
Registered
22,763 Posts
4 acres in north TX? I could only aspire to be that successful :flipoff2:
Don't burst his bubble, it's a big step up from the moldy singlewide on the postage stamp rental lot he was grunted out into. Success is measured in how much you've improved your standing, not where you are today. :lmao:

·
Premium Member
3,499 Posts

Allergies???????????
I use a Nettie Pot to keep my sinuses washed out during spring / ragweed season.

That and hot coffee to warm up my sinuses.
A dip in a hot tub will work too, if its clean water.

I feel for you, I get them a lot this year. Learned to wash my hair in a shower before bed time so I dont lay in pollen all night. Never put your head on a pillow during the day that you sleep on at night too. Sounds silly but it works.

And if you have a mustache wash it out before bedtime too. And wash it several times a day durinng allergy season. Basically splashing water on your face during the day to keep the pollen out of that broom under your nose.

Sometimes just getting up and letting it all drain down helps.

That's all I got for Old Man wisdom if it's a sinus headache.

Hope it helps....

·
Premium Member
3,499 Posts
Don't burst his bubble, it's a big step up from the moldy singlewide on the postage stamp rental lot he was grunted out into. Success is measured in how much you've improved your standing, not where you are today. :lmao:
Don't you wish!:flipoff2:
I'm not rich.

Successful? yes!
I'm living comfortable and I retired at 58. (10 years ago)
My wife retired 6 years ago too. She's rich. AND She has me.
I don't have money problems and we are debt free.

My shop is bigger than most people houses!:flipoff2:

I'm happy with it......

IN FACT, I'm still in bed typing this. I don't miss rolling out of bed and being on the road at 5:30 every morning.

Now get to work!

If you want to get an idea of my neighborhood Google Earth "New Fairview Airport in Texas 7TS0 That's just behind my back yard. Look for the Isuzu Troopers(soon to be gone) behind the shop and you'll see our place. We like it here! the hounddogs under the front porch do too! :D:laughing:

·
Premium Member
3,499 Posts
And while I'm at it. I hate tooting my own horn, but I was an Air Force Brat. When I left my Daddy's home in Southern California in 1970 at 18, I had $240 dollars in my pocket, a sports car, a guitar and a reel to reel tape recorder. I moved alone to Texas.

I have never moved back in with my parents, never asked them for money for anything, and everything I have, I worked my ass off for. Went through a divorce at 39 and got financially wiped out. Had to start over with nothing. Remarried 10 years later to a fine lady from a good Chicago family. But only after I was back on my feet financially.

My wife is a retired School Teacher and I retired from the Power Company after 36 years. We are happly married and we both have batteled and beat cancer.
I thank God and my Dr's for that.

I have 2 kids, from the first marriage and a step son. All three are married, happy and successful. 4 grandchildren and one on the way.

So I hope that gives any idea who I am. I like the guys here because we all think out of the box. A lot of talent on this Forum.
Been a member here a long time.
I like most of ya'll..............

I like to think I'm one of the good guys.

PS:
You can see the Texas Motor Speedway from my second floor windows.:D
With that, Ya'll have a good day.

·
Registered
18,405 Posts
And while I'm at it. I hate tooting my own horn, but I was an Air Force Brat. When I left my Daddy's home in Southern California in 1970 at 18, I had $240 dollars in my pocket, a sports car, a guitar and a reel to reel tape recorder. I moved alone to Texas.
Reel to Reel- $2465

$240- $1572

Guitar- $700

Car- $16,378

"I left my folks with $21,115 worth of stuff" :flipoff2:

·
Hophead
77,610 Posts
Reel to Reel- $2465

$240- $1572

Guitar- $700

Car- $16,378

In 1970 a Ferrari cost less than $16k so I doubt those figures are too accurate :laughing:

·
Registered
289 Posts

I have never moved back in with my parents, never asked them for money for anything, and everything I have, I worked my ass off for. Went through a divorce at 39 and got financially wiped out. Had to start over with nothing. Remarried 10 years later to a fine lady from a good Chicago family. But only after I was back on my feet financially.

My wife is a retired School Teacher and I retired from the Power Company after 36 years. We are happly married and we both have batteled and beat cancer.
I thank God and my Dr's for that.

I have 2 kids, from the first marriage and a step son. All three are married, happy and successful. 4 grandchildren and one on the way.

So I hope that gives any idea who I am. I like the guys here because we all think out of the box. A lot of talent on this Forum.
Been a member here a long time.
I like most of ya'll..............

I like to think I'm one of the good guys.

PS:
You can see the Texas Motor Speedway from my second floor windows.:D
With that, Ya'll have a good day.

Don't you wish!:flipoff2:

I'm not rich.

Successful? yes!

I'm living comfortable and I retired at 58. (10 years ago)

My wife retired 6 years ago too. She's rich. AND She has me.

I don't have money problems and we are debt free.

My shop is bigger than most people houses!:flipoff2:

I'm happy with it......

IN FACT, I'm still in bed typing this. I don't miss rolling out of bed and being on the road at 5:30 every morning.

Now get to work!

If you want to get an idea of my neighborhood Google Earth "New Fairview Airport in Texas 7TS0 That's just behind my back yard. Look for the Isuzu Troopers(soon to be gone) behind the shop and you'll see our place. We like it here! the hounddogs under the front porch do too! :D:laughing:

You Fkn done yet???
Here:

:flipoff2:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,499 Posts
Reel to Reel- $2465

$240- $1572

Guitar- $700

Car- $16,378

Let's get real here.
I have worked a part time job from 10 years old on during the school years and alway worked full time in the Summers. No playing Sports in school and eating the good life at my Mommys table.
I rolled and threw papers on a Morning Paper route starting when I was ten, for 3 years. got up at 4:30 Am every morning 7 days a week to get the Miami Herald delivered. I had on average 250 papers a day to deliver.

Now remember this was in the 60's. Most of the kids my age in High School were busy smoking dope and getting high.
I even paid for all my College!

The guitar I bought with money from my work for $75.
My Sports car I bought with my own money for $1500
The reel to reel SONY I bought for $250 with my own money.
Even the clothes in my suitcase I paid for out of my own pocket with cash I earned working.

I had $2500 when I was 16 and gave a good chunk of it to my Mom to pay rent and bills for us when the Military Pay was late a few months and Dad was fighting in Vietnam.

When I left, I left on good terms with my prents and had a job at a Radio Station in Dallas.
It fell through, (long story) so I got a job working a horse and cattle ranch in Midelothian Texas. Now a big subdivision. I have never, not had a job, until the day I retired in 2009.

I worked my way up and saved every dime I could to up my standard of living and always did faily well. Nobody gave me anything. I earned it all by hard work.

If you have a problem with that let's hear your Success Story:flipoff2:!

·
Premium Member
3,499 Posts
You Fkn done yet???
Here:

:flipoff2:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not yet:flipoff2:

See above.

I got work to do in the shop. Remodeling my Motorhome.:flipoff2:

Don't you have a job to get to?

Now I'm done!:flipoff2::flipoff2:

·
Registered
9,282 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
My friend has mental health disorder. She started,gojng,into detail about feeling sad and im like woh girl that is not my job.

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

3221 - 3240 of 6681 Posts