Pirate 4x4 banner

3281 - 3300 of 6681 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
After spending a few hours knocking a hole in a bathroom concrete floor so the new shower stall drain can be done correctly I'm calling bullshit on most books and movies where inmates cut big holes in walls with spoons. :homer:

You doing a mud pan???
If so, nows the time to drop that drain low enough for a curbless shower pan!!!!
:smokin:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Rusted.
900 Posts
Do you have any tips on a propane generac that eats spark plugs? It occasionally wont start to exercise so I change the plugs and it works fine. The old ones are clean when I pull them out. Probably have less than 20hrs on them.
Next time it happens try pulling the plug then installing the same ones you just pulled and see if it starts.

If the plugs are really that good I'm betting you have a connection issue with the wires and disturbing them to change the plugs is enough to fix it.
^ I'm guessing this is probably the issue.

·
Premium Member
1,530 Posts
Got to spend a few hours improving my summer DD. New vent window glass seals window regulator and door latch. What a pain in the ass but I got it. Also was thinking of screwy and put in a new shoulder belt to replace the lap only belt. I miss you little buddy :(

Talked to my artist/painter friend and it looks like he is game to letter the truck up with some late 70- early 80 style lettering, logo, pin-striping. He says he will fade/weather it down to match the patina. This guy has a talent for this kind of project. Should be interesting to see what he comes up with. If you guys have any sweet pics for ideas of any old trucks post them up.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
Since I find some time what I wanted to do ever when I got addicted to Rock&Roll - playing the GUITAR with all their heroes. I'm 60 now and started 3 years ago, so excuse the fingering may not be perfect.

https://youtu.be/Oit-azi_qNc

·
Registered
11,780 Posts
finally used the gin poles I put on the back of the lawn tractor years ago
they work plenty good for full 100lb propane tanks, just can not sidehill at all and you've gotta chain it tight to the back of the tractor or it'll flop side to side real bad

·
Registered
15,012 Posts
Came to visit Nashville for a few days and went to the grand ole opry. Keith urban was headlining, sawyer brown showed up midway through the acts, i actually like him better then Keith urban. Nashville is a very touristy town, parking is expensive anywhere but so is Chicago. Great food i plan on gaining 5lbs while I’m here

On the way down from Chicagoland we stopped in Casey Illinois for some tourist traps, worlds largest, rocking chair, mailbox, pitchfork, etc. i was fascinated in the little neighborhoods around here the amount of 80s Chevy trucks i seen, you just dont see them around Chicago anymore they all just rotted away.Something stupid but i thought it was pretty cool to see people still using them

Kinda looking for a late 70s to 80s k5 blazer or stepside Chevy if anyone has one around Nashville or pigeon forge to Chicago let me know. Not looking for a show truck or a rusty turd just somewhere in between

·
Registered
5,183 Posts
Spent yesterday bear hunting and checking a few trail cameras. Nothing but small boars and sow/cub pairs. Missed a bruiser by 10 minutes at one of my cams, and he didn't come back to the dying rabbit call. Found a nice rosie shed in the middle of the road up to one of my spots, and had a healthy kitty on that camera.

·
Premium Member
3,942 Posts
i was fascinated in the little neighborhoods around here the amount of 80s Chevy trucks i seen, you just dont see them around Chicago anymore they all just rotted away.Something stupid but i thought it was pretty cool to see people still using them
Even in New England you still see lots of 80s and 90s stuff on the road. You'd never know if you spent all your time near the rich cities. Rich people don't drive old shit and they don't like seeing old shit so the landscaper buys a new truck too. When I was in the DC area I never saw old shit even though nothing rusts there.

·
Registered
18,405 Posts
Got to spend a few hours improving my summer DD. New vent window glass seals window regulator and door latch. What a pain in the ass but I got it. Also was thinking of screwy and put in a new shoulder belt to replace the lap only belt. I miss you little buddy :(

Talked to my artist/painter friend and it looks like he is game to letter the truck up with some late 70- early 80 style lettering, logo, pin-striping. He says he will fade/weather it down to match the patina. This guy has a talent for this kind of project. Should be interesting to see what he comes up with. If you guys have any sweet pics for ideas of any old trucks post them up.
:smokin::smokin:

·
Get Off My Lawn
13,255 Posts
Even in New England you still see lots of 80s and 90s stuff on the road. You'd never know if you spent all your time near the rich cities. Rich people don't drive old shit and they don't like seeing old shit so the landscaper buys a new truck too. When I was in the DC area I never saw old shit even though nothing rusts there.
The only people driving old stuff here is little old men and crack heads. ... and me, apparently.

But seriously, there are so many old guys still rocking their 83 single cab long bed 2wd pick ups that they bought new and kept parked in the carport, so the paint still shines. :grinpimp:

·
Get Off My Lawn
13,255 Posts
An 8k is too small to run everything. Unless you only want to run the basic needs, the smallest I'd go with is 11k. The 16k is only about $600 more than the 11k, and is the perfect size for most houses. The 16 and 22k are our biggest sellers. Most people want to be able to have everything switch over and not worry about it.
Of search the used market. These larger gas Generac systems go up for sale all the time for cheap. At least they do in my area. I recently bought a 17.5kw Generac with 50 hours for a grand. People realize they never use them and when money gets tight, it's a good cash in. Or someone buys a house with one attached and decides to sell it. Either way, they almost always have little to no prior use.

I bought this today.

Cat engine, 9 speed, 12 ft bed, air lock on bed latch, cold a/c.

Figure I can get my money back out of it in 12 mths working it 2 days a week.

Looking for a Hoe now, looking to supply fill dirt as much more profit in it plus I can improve the cheap real estate I have been buying so will be able to sell it ready to build on.
I want an old L9000 dump truck in a pretty bad way. That thing looks about perfect. What do you plan on doing with it that will pay you back so quickly? :barf:

Not sure you can go wrong with a dump truck.
That's what I'm saying :grinpimp:

I want to find someone to letter my old ranger with our farm logo. That's a dying art, it seems. I still haven'tcone across anyone who does that work and is actually good at it. Cool truck though. That should look perfect with some lettering. :smokin:

·
Registered
3,603 Posts
First "lift kit" I have installed in a long time. 1996 Bronco, what a pain in the the butt it has been. The lift itself hasn't been too bad I guess but doing ball joints, axle pivot bushings and steering. ABS sensors were a pain. Now it looks like I am pulling the pitman arm with a cutoff wheel and a air chisel and a partially bent new puller. Weeee the camber looks wack but I haven't moved it.

·
Registered
3,603 Posts
Ewww. TTB lift kits are the worst. Those trucks ride/drive pretty nice till you ruin one with a bracket kit.
It was way to soft for my liking. It is in pretty good shape but at 200k the suspension and steering is well worn. I put on extended radius arm Superlift and BDS shocks. It may be junk I will see soon enough.

Butt hole pitman arm.

Future commuter car and junk hauler(or in the for sale section :D)

·
Hophead
77,604 Posts
It was way to soft for my liking. It is in pretty good shape but at 200k the suspension and steering is well worn. I put on extended radius arm Superlift and BDS shocks. It may be junk I will see soon enough.

Butt hole pitman arm.

Future commuter car and junk hauler(or in the for sale section :D)
you got that Cali lean on point

3281 - 3300 of 6681 Posts