Pirate 4x4 banner

3461 - 3480 of 6681 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,391 Posts
Time to go check my stash of pool parts and see what I may have saved for 'no good reason' over the years. Vaguely recall I might have saved a motor as I am writing this.
I do have a spare motor- has a bad front bearing but it works. I recall now I replaced the unit last time.

I am gonna call around and see if I can get just a motor. If not I will swap in the noisy one and order one.

4 bolts and some wires very easy swap.

But that is for tomorrow night....

·
Premium Member
166 Posts
Time to go check my stash of pool parts and see what I may have saved for 'no good reason' over the years. Vaguely recall I might have saved a motor as I am writing this.
I do have a spare motor- has a bad front bearing but it works. I recall now I replaced the unit last time.

I am gonna call around and see if I can get just a motor. If not I will swap in the noisy one and order one.

Why not just replace the bearings and shaft seal?

·
Registered
11,780 Posts
fastenal stocks ball bearings,
they're all pretty standard once you get them out of the motor, and they'll have a nice generic part number on them

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Need it up an running yesterday. If I had them I would.
I guess a quick google search could not hurt.
Too bad you arent closer, I have 3 pool pumps sitting in the shop (a 1HP, 1.5HP and unknown one), if you were closer I would say stop by and you could have one.

Aaron Z

·
thhhpptthh!
46,933 Posts
I dug a hole on the back acreage.

3 storms filled it up.

The 100lb 10 month old puppy decided swimming was fun.

I need a bigger hole.

·
Registered
2,339 Posts

A hoarder like you needs more pool shit in stock. Look around for houses for sale with above ground pools, first thing new homeowners always do is tear down the pool. I've scored so much good used shit just scouting :grinpimp:

·
Premium Member
9,391 Posts
What kind of high rent pool pump are you running that's $450.

Check Doheny.com for cheap alternatives with fast shipping.
$450 is a good price. Its a 1.5hp motor, pumping a 48,000 gal pool

Standard Hayward set up, been keeping it alive for years.

·
Premium Member
9,391 Posts
A hoarder like you needs more pool shit in stock. Look around for houses for sale with above ground pools, first thing new homeowners always do is tear down the pool. I've scored so much good used shit just scouting :grinpimp:
I have lots, just not quite enough ha.

Last year I rebuilt the auto vac with just spare parts I had on hand. Took a minute to find some of them, but I had them.

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
$450 is a good price. Its a 1.5hp motor, pumping a 48,000 gal pool

Standard Hayward set up, been keeping it alive for years.
PO of my house slapped one of these on my 1.5hp pentair superflo pump somewhere along the way - it works fine but its the lower end pump- not whisper quiet.

https://www.supremewatersales.com/hsq165.html

looks like there are heyward options for the seal kit.

48k gal is a small pond :eek: - my 28k gal is all i ever wanted to deal with maintaining.

·
Premium Member
9,391 Posts
PO of my house slapped one of these on my 1.5hp pentair superflo pump somewhere along the way - it works fine but its the lower end pump- not whisper quiet.

https://www.supremewatersales.com/hsq165.html

looks like there are heyward options for the seal kit.

48k gal is a small pond :eek: - my 28k gal is all i ever wanted to deal with maintaining.
I would, I want to, but I can not find anything other than the entire set up that can be here before I leave for work for a week.

I can have the entire pump/motor I have for $435 on sat, or I can buy the motor instore for $370....

I really want to swap to pentair, but can not get one until Tue ($375). Good price but doubt work is gonna like me flying from TX to NJ to fix my pool, then fly back to MI ... though with my lay overs I can prob do it in about the same time.

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
I would, I want to, but I can not find anything other than the entire set up that can be here before I leave for work for a week.

I can have the entire pump/motor I have for $435 on sat, or I can buy the motor instore for $370....

I really want to swap to pentair, but can not get one until Tue ($375). Good price but doubt work is gonna like me flying from TX to NJ to fix my pool, then fly back to MI ... though with my lay overs I can prob do it in about the same time.
I feel your pain- i'm out for next week and have been goin 12+ hr days (been time & 1/2 since lunch) all week to meet a EOW deadline. System goes down for maintenance from 8:30-9:30 and it seemed like a great time to get some grass cut.

·
Registered
7,364 Posts
You yankee twats have all the cheap parts. Was in CT again, now over in NY, and been checking out CL & FB.

Plethora of KP D60s in ford and GM flavor for $3-600. Found several more D300s for <$150. It's just getting depressing that I cant take them with me and continue to hoard.

Yall have zero, absolutely no trucks/cars worth buying though. Just parts from your rusted out piles.

·
Premium Member
1,530 Posts
Today was a metal shop retirement auction. I bought a jackpot of vice grips screwdrivers and tape measures. He had the nicest manual 4x4 2003 7.3 f550 I have ever seen. 19,800 miles on it :eek: There were parts under the hood that I have never seen on a 7.3 lol. Damn thing brought 17,500, it should have went to a museum. Way too nice for me lol.

Attachments

·
Registered
12,994 Posts
Today I actually prepped the EB for wheeiling this summer. I have no idea when I will actually be able to take it out, as all our weekends are full. We are camping near Fordyce at the end of the month. I might just buy a trailer between now and then and drag it up there:evil:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Jumped all up into a clapped out sounding but not looking 4L ZJ's broken sparkplug problem to assist the owner who was driving it like that cause human. Two days later I'm changing the thermostat "cause it's getting hot, shutting off and my gauges are going crazy." Well your fan clutch is shit so there's the overheating problem. "how much is that?" $50 for new junk $10 at the junkyard, the coolant temp sensor is also busted. and that hose looks bout to blow.

Somehow that turd made it to pa from florida two weeks ago. It's all good as can be now. Made $20 bucks, fed twice and a few cold beers. :homer:

fuck jeeps :flipoff2:

3461 - 3480 of 6681 Posts