Pirate 4x4 banner

3501 - 3520 of 6681 Posts

·
Premium Member
166 Posts
Good on you for keeping a quadzilla going. Love love the stinkwheel!!!

I still have bruises from kicking those bastards over. Long live the quadzilla!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I flooded my father in laws his had a chrome kick starter seemed no matter how hard I tried I couldn't start it or keep it from hitting my Shin.

·
Registered
3,262 Posts
I flooded my father in laws his had a chrome kick starter seemed no matter how hard I tried I couldn't start it or keep it from hitting my Shin.

Seriously right through the fucking boot! And they only got meaner when you stroked and ported them. :laughing:

I really love my TRX250 if for no other reason it hit you in the calf with half the impact.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
22,763 Posts
I hate mud but I was glad to at least get out. And at least this was mud encountered while going places, as opposed to the super boring "drive to a mudhole and go back and forth through it."

Fender flare coverage isn't ideal given the lack of A/C. :laughing:

Edit, we aren't a gay Jeep club. There was a gay Ranger there too.

Attachments

·
Registered
11,780 Posts
Yup, a former coworker bought a decent little ppump 5.9 bus from his previous employer, and had a bare bones v8 gas 2wd super duty he wanted swapped. He paid a shop, and gave them his good used Ford stuff to hack it all in there. When it was done, he had a bus intercooler, a non lockup, non od allison with 3.73s and little tires. I tried to get him to use a super duty cooling stack and a dodge tranny, but he was saving money :laughing:

Mine were pretty utilitarian, but clean enough, and easy to service afterwards, but I had a buddy who built a 70s ford crew with the dodge core support, dash, hvac, entire wiring harness, everything, inside was like a factory new 96 dodge, underhood was like a cross between a show car and a restored truck that was never built. He didn't spend anymore money, just a shit load of time
fuckin' a just cab swap the bus

·
today
1,571 Posts
My bosses van
i helped mostly with running wires,plumbing aux tanks insulating and most of the mechanical and the bolt on shit
he did all the cabinets , he used to build boats back in the day :smokin:

·
Pavement Challenged
1,699 Posts
My bosses van
i helped mostly with running wires,plumbing aux tanks insulating and most of the mechanical and the bolt on shit
That is some beautiful woodwork.

·
Premium Member
1,530 Posts
My bosses van

Beautiful woodwork. Looks like he is gonna use it as a Rv? Is there a bed in there some where?

·
Premium Member
9,391 Posts
Yesterday was a travel day from hell.

Client meeting at 8:00, there till 10am, at airport by 10:10

Get notice my flight is delayed, which will make my connection- unconnectable.

Go to counter lady is super nice and goes above and beyond.

New flight - check

Finish leg one- connection delayed. 25 min. no prob its my final so I get there a bit later.

3 hrs later we take off.

Land at 12am- car rental closed at 11:30 - but say to use their hub. NBD - Hub has like 3 cars left, I am #2 of 3 in line. Get car.

Drive 50 minutes to hotel. Walk in and am greeted with 'are you dan?' - oh fuck thats not good.

They over booked, and I did not have a room.

But they have me one at the hotel next door. Fine. Its now like 1:30am and I am beat.

Get there they are aware of it all, very nice give me room key.

Walk in- WTF why is there a conference table in my room, - yup extra meeting room with a fold down bed.

Fuck it- take a shower and go to bed.

On the upside I get paid from Hotel to Hotel on travel days, so 7:40 am to 1:40 am.

Shitty way to make some extra money but still decent OT

·
today
1,571 Posts
Beautiful woodwork. Looks like he is gonna use it as a Rv? Is there a bed in there some where?
yeah RV
bed is in the back laying across. its missing the mattress
he had those side windows with flares put on that makes it 3" wider on each side. i guess that's enough to put bed there

there's water tank under the bed,water heater, pumps,fuse panel,spare tire.

that cabinet next to it where the sliding door is that's a shitter

grey and black water tanks are on the bottom

·
Premium Member
166 Posts
I made a new end for this bowden cable on a 98 Porsche boxster. The car I was working on has the early design and the replacement cable I got was the late design. The interior door handle late design cost is $575 from pelican parts. So i used the new cable and old casing.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Crimped, bent and shortened.
Congratulations, you are a mechanic and not a parts hanger... :flipoff2::laughing:

I do this kind of stuff all of the time. Such-and-so part is obsolete, can't be fixed, blah blah blah... Get me something close and I'll make it work. What was the saying that used to go around here? Grind it to fit and paint it to match! :flipoff2::laughing:

BTW, nice work there... Don't mind me, I have brown eyes for a reason. :laughing: People who don't have brown eyes are just a few quarts low... :eek:

3501 - 3520 of 6681 Posts