Pirate 4x4 banner

3541 - 3560 of 6681 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,597 Posts
Working on a Lincoln mark viii sucks balls. They really crammed the 4.6 dohc in there. Typical ford bull shit of using oddball bolts. Who the fuck uses 11mm? Currently replacing the oil filter adapter housing gasket. Have to drain the radiator and power steering to accomplish this. Wish I had tiny Trump hands.

At a car show today and a guy had a factory five cobra with the Lincoln DOHC 4.6 in it

·
Registered
408 Posts
Took the wagon the to drag strip. Only ran twice, best was a 13.7 @ 102MPH. Spun off the line, and when i hit 2nd. My first time ever racing, and it was 90*+ with 50+% humidity. Has more in it, but not a ton. Guessing on a good day with a better launch it will go low 13's.

My favorite pic from the night, Misleading as all get out but doesn't stop me from liking the pic of me out in front of a new challenger. We both spun off the line, I got out on him, I was still spinning in 3rd and he blew by me.

·
Registered
1,798 Posts

·
Registered
10,513 Posts
Waiting for the shit show to start. Work is always hiring. Uses a temp service. Someone else saw online that the temp service posted a job for fitter/welder for $28-34/hr...I don’t make that and I was told I’m at the top of the payscale when I came back in January.

·
Premium Member
3,942 Posts
Waiting for the shit show to start. Work is always hiring. Uses a temp service. Someone else saw online that the temp service posted a job for fitter/welder for $28-34/hr...I don’t make that and I was told I’m at the top of the payscale when I came back in January.
You can bet your ass the company is paying the temp agency $40+/hr (just the hourly wage, not counting workers comp and other overhead)

·
Registered
1989 Jeep Cherokee
1,940 Posts
I spent the weekend hiking and running with a guy I met online a few years ago from Foresthill, CA to Auburn to run half a lap at the high school track.

Western States 100 mile endurance run. 29 hours and 26 minutes of run/hiking for a bronze belt buckle made in Carson City, NV.

·
Premium Member
1,324 Posts
I spent the weekend hiking and running with a guy I met online a few years ago from Foresthill, CA to Auburn to run half a lap at the high school track.

Western States 100 mile endurance run. 29 hours and 26 minutes of run/hiking for a bronze belt buckle made in Carson City, NV.
can you explain how you met up more?

congrats on the race... that is serious running

·
Registered
10,513 Posts
You can bet your ass the company is paying the temp agency $40+/hr (just the hourly wage, not counting workers comp and other overhead)
Yep. Which is fucked up but saves them a headache if the guy gets hurt or they don’t want to keep him after 3 months. One guy joked about quiting, going to work for the temp making $34 and then they would hire him on after 3 months :laughing:

·
Registered
1989 Jeep Cherokee
1,940 Posts
can you explain how you met up more?

congrats on the race... that is serious running
Runners world magazine had a forum section that is now discontinued. I started posting in the "3:20 or bust" section looking for training advice. A few people from the board ran a marathon and we met for food afterwords so we could become "less than imaginary" friends.
He did Tahoe 200 and invited me to run about 17 miles with him.
When he got in to Western States he asked if I'd want to help, said he didn't need help, then asked if I wanted to do 18-38 miles with him after he did 62. When he showed up at 62 he told me the only reason he didn't drop at 55.7 (Michinga Bluff) was because he knew I was waiting for him at 62. It was definitely a struggle getting through the night. Lots of ups and downs (literally) along with passing people. Some of which did not finish (so they spent a BUNCH of money and training to not finish a race they entered, or not get a buckle) or finished over the 30 hour cutoff.

I told him a few times we're hiking faster than I walk into a grocery store. I'm not sure how I kept that kind of speed up but I'm going to go with "I was all hopped up on Mountain Dew and PB&J Sandwiches." Our average pace overall for the 38 miles was about 17:45. Not too fast but when you account for doing it over 12.5 hours it kind of becomes impressive.

·
Registered
1989 Jeep Cherokee
1,940 Posts
Yep. Which is fucked up but saves them a headache if the guy gets hurt or they don’t want to keep him after 3 months. One guy joked about quiting, going to work for the temp making $34 and then they would hire him on after 3 months :laughing:
Guy should have simply applied for the job and shown up for the interview. When they ask WTF is going on say "Well I heard you have an opening and my current employer doesn't pay as much as you.

The difference is the company isn't paying for insurance or anything else. Probably costs them more than $34 an hour to keep you or him employed. Maybe ask the boss if you can make $34 an hour if you don't get any benefits including vacation or sick time (if you even get that) and see what they say.

·
Premium Member
30,199 Posts
Wife watched the kids all day. I got caught up on the yard and rigs. 3 tanks of fuel through the trimmer and almost a full tank through the rider. Got my space cleared where I am going to build my solar kiln for drying slabs. And oil changes for all the rigs.

Feels good to get caught up.
HFD to me. :laughing:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Please post a build thread.

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
Please post a build thread.

I will but it may be a slow ish one. Have to get squared away for the 4th trip first.
Base and floor will be new lumber. Wall lumber will be scrap old decking. Front will be removable for easier loading. Top will be hinged at the back. All of this is subject to change as the plans are completely in my head after watching a few YouTube videos.

·
Premium Member
1,324 Posts
Runners world magazine had a forum section that is now discontinued. I started posting in the "3:20 or bust" section looking for training advice. A few people from the board ran a marathon and we met for food afterwords so we could become "less than imaginary" friends.
He did Tahoe 200 and invited me to run about 17 miles with him.
When he got in to Western States he asked if I'd want to help, said he didn't need help, then asked if I wanted to do 18-38 miles with him after he did 62. When he showed up at 62 he told me the only reason he didn't drop at 55.7 (Michinga Bluff) was because he knew I was waiting for him at 62. It was definitely a struggle getting through the night. Lots of ups and downs (literally) along with passing people. Some of which did not finish (so they spent a BUNCH of money and training to not finish a race they entered, or not get a buckle) or finished over the 30 hour cutoff.

I told him a few times we're hiking faster than I walk into a grocery store. I'm not sure how I kept that kind of speed up but I'm going to go with "I was all hopped up on Mountain Dew and PB&J Sandwiches." Our average pace overall for the 38 miles was about 17:45. Not too fast but when you account for doing it over 12.5 hours it kind of becomes impressive.
thanks for sharing... that is really, truly, impressive.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
I will but it may be a slow ish one. Have to get squared away for the 4th trip first.
Base and floor will be new lumber. Wall lumber will be scrap old decking. Front will be removable for easier loading. Top will be hinged at the back. All of this is subject to change as the plans are completely in my head after watching a few YouTube videos.

I built one about 4 years ago. If I were to build one again, I would make a rear access instead of a hingged top although what you’re looking at on youtube may be different. Pic of mine for reference 10’x6’

·
Registered
1989 Jeep Cherokee
1,940 Posts
thanks for sharing... that is really, truly, impressive.
If you REALLY want to be impressed the winner did it in 14 hours and 9 minutes.

Placer High School in Auburn, CA. Last weekend in June each year. Be there from 10:00-11:00am on Sunday and you'll see what a person can make themselves do. Robie Point is a BITCH of a climb at that point and the final mile point two on the road is a spot you'll see people know they have to push for the next 18 minutes to get a belt buckle.

www.wser.org Last weekend in June 2020.

·
Registered
10,513 Posts
Guy should have simply applied for the job and shown up for the interview. When they ask WTF is going on say "Well I heard you have an opening and my current employer doesn't pay as much as you.

The difference is the company isn't paying for insurance or anything else. Probably costs them more than $34 an hour to keep you or him employed. Maybe ask the boss if you can make $34 an hour if you don't get any benefits including vacation or sick time (if you even get that) and see what they say.
Guy that saw it wasn’t interested(not a Fitter) but by the time he told anyone the ad was taken off the site but still showed up on google. Had the VP come talk to everyone yesterday saying that the temp company uses ads like that to bait people in with high salary postings. Also that the temp agency said they mixed up the ads with another company(or something along those lines but after I looked after work I could t find any other listings). Assured us that they didn’t agree to pay that to anyone and it would be stupid of them to do so bringing someone in at that rate when no one in the shop makes that. Doesn’t really matter to me. I don’t foresee myself staying at this place much longer. Top of the payscale as it is and absolutely no desire to be a foreman in this shop/company after hearing everything that goes on and the BS they have to deal with(friend is the welder foreman and I know he doesn’t make much more than I do)

3541 - 3560 of 6681 Posts