Pirate 4x4 banner

3661 - 3680 of 6681 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,391 Posts
Met with the client this morning for the sign off, easiest transaction ever. We were done by 11am.

Spent the morning catching up on some work, then decided to walk up to Neuschwanstein Castle, did not do the tour, but wow is it impressive from the outside. Even better from the bridge behind it, and then 'maybe' from when I 'may or may not have' climbed up above the look out point

Def worth the walk, they say it is a 40 min walk, not sure what they base that on, but I did it in under 15 minutes, while drinking a beer and had a cig.

·
Registered
11,780 Posts
That cheap place was in Colorado Springs. I just now called All Metal in Denver which is one of the biggest processors and they're at 105 a ton for complete cars as they came from the factory which is a new category to me, and they can't have extra metal thrown in, which I usually do. :laughing: Then 60 to 90 a ton based on how stripped they are. So I'd make gas money plus a little, but since I'm working 6 days a week right now and would have to leave my regular job early and get less OT, not worth it either.
cat's 60 bucks and up, motor's a quick sell at a hundred on craigslist, same with the trans
wheels and tires can either go with the car, or get a hundred if they're nice
gas you drain can be used, just run a water separator filter on it
if I had dirt of my own, I'd be doing partouts full time

·
Registered
686 Posts
The wife has a 2015 Toyota Highlander Limited now for 5 years and 60,000 miles (of which I put at least two thirds on) and today I accidentally discovered it has a telescopic steering wheel, WTF? not sure how that feature evaded me for so long.
I asked the wife if she uses it and she asked what a telescopic wheel is.:D

·
Premium Member
166 Posts
So here I am polishing my bumper when some guy walks up trying to sell solar. I told him he was wasting his time I'm not buying , he kept on. I'm not interested in buying solar from some guy just walking by my house now if he was selling a unreliable 4x4 truck on a 25 year payment plan...

·
Registered
11,780 Posts
The wife has a 2015 Toyota Highlander Limited now for 5 years and 60,000 miles (of which I put at least two thirds on) and today I accidentally discovered it has a telescopic steering wheel, WTF? not sure how that feature evaded me for so long.
I complained about my mk4 golf having the steering wheel being mashed against the dash on another forum

someone was nice enough to point out that every one of that chassis type has a tilt and telescope column
my mind was blown
then I remembered that I'd noticed that a few years ago and had forgotten completely :laughing:

·
Registered
7,364 Posts
Tried selling a 02 Dodge cummins 5spd 4x4 for cheap on FB/CL. Posted plenty of pics, said in ad to bring a trailer, beat to fuck ranch truck, etc.

After 24hrs of stupid fucking questions, lowballs, and wetbacks... I give up, drove it around back, and parked it next to the rest of the trucks on the tree line. I may get around to it someday, I may not, dont care now. I'm going to be that old man with a junkyard who wont sell to anyone.

I'm buying a 04 cummins tomorrow with my white privilege though. Guy was also tired of dumb questions and "I'll pay cash and have a trailer" was the winning comment.

·
Registered
18,405 Posts
Tried selling a 02 Dodge cummins 5spd 4x4 for cheap on FB/CL. Posted plenty of pics, said in ad to bring a trailer, beat to fuck ranch truck, etc.

After 24hrs of stupid fucking questions, lowballs, and wetbacks... I give up, drove it around back, and parked it next to the rest of the trucks on the tree line. I may get around to it someday, I may not, dont care now. I'm going to be that old man with a junkyard who wont sell to anyone.

I'm buying a 04 cummins tomorrow with my white privilege though. Guy was also tired of dumb questions and "I'll pay cash and have a trailer" was the winning comment.
Ill take it. How much. Pics?

·
Premium Member
1,530 Posts
Man I’m having a rough go lately, I had to put my new puppy down early this morning. We believe he was born with a heart problem. He has been coughing do to fluid in his lungs for the past couple weeks. We tried everything to get him better, from antibiotics to steroids. Nothing seemed to help. He stayed over at the vet the last two nights, due to him getting weak. We brought him home yesterday so the kids could play with him one last time. He started to get really bad last night and I had to put him down. The little guy was having such a hard time breathing you could tell he was miserable.

Now I’m laying in bed miserable because I had to put my little buddy down and now have to tell my kids their puppy passed away.

·
Premium Member
815 Posts

Just tell people you’re going to fix it up someday if they inquire about buying it from now on. :flipoff2:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,499 Posts

After 24hrs of stupid fucking questions, lowballs, and wetbacks...I give up
Same here last week. Had a Carter 2 sear go cart without a motor. It was already set up with a live straight axle and had working disc brakes and almost new tires. But paint job looked like hell. The Go Kart Dealer told me he would appraise it at $600 as is it he was selling it.

I put it up for $400, figured it would go quick. You can't buy used the aluminum wheels, suspension parts, seats, steering and brake parts that are on it for that if you were building your own frame.

I listed it as a father son project that would need a motor cv drive and complete teardown and repaint.
A week of insults and low ballng, I decided to clean it up myself and sell it minus the engine for double that.

Went to the Go Cart dealer for new brake pads and was telling of the idiots I was talking to. He said you want to sell it as is to me for that price? Well, Sure!

He picked it up after he closed the store. Cash in hand. He was happy to get it.

I got it free originally and it sat behind the shop for a year.

Now I can sell the 2 running, good looking, 2 seater buggies I have.
A 150cc automatic Hammerhead and a bigger framed 250cc shifter.

Just no time to play with them and my grandson would rather play minecraft. Crying shame they run like hell. They are just taking up space here.

·
Registered
946 Posts
Man I’m having a rough go lately, I had to put my new puppy down early this morning. We believe he was born with a heart problem. He has been coughing do to fluid in his lungs for the past couple weeks. We tried everything to get him better, from antibiotics to steroids. Nothing seemed to help. He stayed over at the vet the last two nights, due to him getting weak. We brought him home yesterday so the kids could play with him one last time. He started to get really bad last night and I had to put him down. The little guy was having such a hard time breathing you could tell he was miserable.

Now I’m laying in bed miserable because I had to put my little buddy down and now have to tell my kids their puppy passed away.
That just plain old sucks.

I have been fixing some rust issues on our horse trailer the past week. The manufacture didn't coat raw steel before covering it with a fiberglass nose cone and doing a poor sealing job. I removed the nose cone, removed the rust, repaired the steel, coated it with rust inhibitor primer and paint. I laid sealant all around the edges and attempted to reinstall the nose cone by myself. Major fail. It was only riveted in place on the back/top edge, and sealed to the front, I guess to keep a smooth look. It kept slipping on the sealant and falling off one side or the other, making a huge fucking mess. I ended up pulling it off and scraping off all the sealant before it completely dried, ruining my new paint job in the process. Got overheated and called it a day. All before 1PM.

Was on the phone for three hours before that trying to get a door bell camera thingie working. The first two technicians said it was my wireless router. The third technician said the other two before him had no idea what they were talking about and is sending me another camera.

But its not all bad, my 3.8 Atlas II is scheduled to be delivered today!

·
Registered
2,446 Posts

I am heartbroken for you and your family, It;s never easy but i don't like to see the animals suffer either. You did the right thing.

·
Premium Member
2,207 Posts
On my Drive home yesterday I saw a Naked Man Standing on the sidewalk holding a bath towel staring at traffic while hundreds of cars passed by. I found 3 police cars a block down informed them the reply back from the officers was we just got the call. He didn't look fully amused by the idea of trying to detain a naked guy on a public street with 5pm rush hour traffic. I did consider returning to the scene to watch it unfold as I went back to my route Naked guy was still standing on sidewalk waving said towel over his head in the air.

Just found out that apparently Naked Guy spent several hours going in and out to the sidewalk during the day he was the topic of conversation at a local tool supply house earlier in the day so obviously neither department wants to handle him.

·
Registered
9,282 Posts
I check almost every car I drive for a telescopic wheel unless it fits me just right already.

On my Drive home yesterday I saw a Naked Man Standing on the sidewalk holding a bath towel staring at traffic while hundreds of cars passed by. I found 3 police cars a block down informed them the reply back from the officers was we just got the call. He didn't look fully amused by the idea of trying to detain a naked guy on a public street with 5pm rush hour traffic. I did consider returning to the scene to watch it unfold as I went back to my route Naked guy was still standing on sidewalk waving said towel over his head in the air.
No naked guys (sorry), but I left work yesterday and drove by the parking spots for the park by the river. It's a common end point for people tubing the river, so cars and college age kids and bikini chicks are common. Well yesterday I see a cruiser, and a cop and four or five kids all sort of looking at their shoes, and then in the middle sitting on the grass is some young kid, hands behind his back, bawling his eyes out. :( Oops.

·
Premium Member
3,499 Posts
Well I know I'm a little long in details some times, but apparently the words "And, or Or" and a comma in spoken word are trigger words to INTERUPT!
My wife has gotten to where she constantly interrupts me halfway through my saying something to her so she can ask me about the very thing I'm trying to say to her.

That is all!

·
Premium Member
2,207 Posts
Well I know I'm a little long in details some times, but apparently the words "And, or Or" and a comma in spoken word are trigger words to INTERUPT!
My wife has gotten to where she constantly interrupts me halfway through my saying something to her so she can ask me about the very thing I'm trying to say to her.

That is all!
Sounds like my Dad and My Grandpa Both of them want to start an argument over the exact topic you are agreeing they are right on when they are actually right. Not in a sense of my way is better then yours but more of yea I like that idea in agreement and they still get pissed off when you are agreeing with them.

·
Registered
15,013 Posts
Don't wave at anyone other than another FSJer. Nobody knows what the fuck that thing is, or the horror that is owning one, other than other FSJ guys.

FSJNetwork and IFSJA are the forums for them.

Welcome to the club of owning some obsolete oddball and poorly built shit you can't get parts for.
Lol thanks i think. That’s what kinda scared me about buying it but some of the stuff looks to be gm, the column looks gm along with the th400trans but i could be wrong. Needs a windshield but other then that it should be intact. Hopefully it only breaks down every other time i take it out so i dont have to keep towing it home

·
Registered
3,262 Posts

That is all!

Welcome to Marriage!!!

15,446 Posts
My birthday present to myself was fixing the doors on my utility bed that got F'd up when some guy lost control on the snow and pinballed off the side of my 1 ton. Got them at least working and to where I can straighten things up more when I feel like it later. Already have a few ideas on how to do it, Used a Rosebud tip on the OxxyAcetylene setup and a BFH to get things functional again.

·
Registered
289 Posts
You guys mind if I post some useless shit I’d like others to know about in here??????

3661 - 3680 of 6681 Posts