Pirate 4x4 banner

3921 - 3940 of 6681 Posts

·
Registered
24,182 Posts
It's fucking hot today. 96 degrees, 70% humidity, heat index is like 115+. Cool story bro.
we have an "alert day" here because of heat and humidity. 95 degrees before lunch sux.

We have games later this afternoon, but they might be called due to heat index

·
Registered
17,364 Posts
81° here in the Virginia mountains. A little muggy. Weatherbug says it "feels like 90°.

In other news I started drinking again a few weeks ago. Yuengling Traditional Lager for the most part. Pretty damn good.

·
Registered
11,780 Posts
Blew up the engine in my Ranger over the weekend.

Looking for the engine out of an 2000ish Taurus to replace is because I have manual steering and want to use the Taurus belt drive and might as well swap to EDIS at the same time and may as well bump compression with flex fuel heads.

None of the fucking junkyards can tell me whether the engine comes with brackets and stuff. Like, you've supposedly got 5+ of these in stock, I'm sure one of them hasn't had all the shit taken off it yet.
I'm real appreciative of the little local jy near me
"I want that motor, and the serpentine belt better still be on there and tight when it is loaded in my truck"
'Ehhh, tree fitty if you pay cash'

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
Blew up the engine in my Ranger over the weekend.

Looking for the engine out of an 2000ish Taurus to replace is because I have manual steering and want to use the Taurus belt drive and might as well swap to EDIS at the same time and may as well bump compression with flex fuel heads.

None of the fucking junkyards can tell me whether the engine comes with brackets and stuff. Like, you've supposedly got 5+ of these in stock, I'm sure one of them hasn't had all the shit taken off it yet.
I've got a couple cars at my yard, if you need anything stupid off them that fits in a flat rate box lmk

·
Premium Member
3,942 Posts
I've got a couple cars at my yard, if you need anything stupid off them that fits in a flat rate box lmk
Thanks for the offer.

Presuming the seller gets his shit together I'm buying a $500 2000 Taurus with a slipping trans this weekend. That particular car should get me all the "nice to haves" that I mentioned in my prior comment. Based on his description of the symptoms I have reason to believe it will stop slipping in at least one gear once I add fluid. :homer:

I'm real appreciative of the little local jy near me
"I want that motor, and the serpentine belt better still be on there and tight when it is loaded in my truck"
'Ehhh, tree fitty if you pay cash'
I had that kind of relationship with three different yards over the years but now that I have a job, a house that needs updating, a shop that needs building and shitboxes that need maintenance I don't have that kind of time anymore. Maybe when my garage is built in the next 5-10yr I'll have that kind of time again.

·
Registered
24,182 Posts
103 in the hangar per the IR thermometer. I'm ready to head home.
forecast to be warmer today than yesterday. heat index between 110 and 118

it really didn't feel that bad yesterday here. An occasional breeze helps

our soccer team had a game called in Memphis on Sunday due to heat though

·
Premium Member
815 Posts
Temperature here is 93, heat index is 109, but at least we have 16 mph winds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
Took my son's Camaro to the drivetrain shop today. It's just a 8.5" 10 bolt, but it is getting 3.73 gears and a posi. We are also upgrading to 30 spline axles. The original open diff had 3.08 gears with taller than stock tires. It was a slug off the line. I'm looking forward to driving this thing when it is done.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Got a text from the girlfriend today. At the urging of her friend, she took her SUV to her friends husbands auto shop. Bad front wheel bearing. Quoted her $900 to fix it. Seems a bit steep considering I did the rear for $50 ish and 4 hours of not knowing what the hell I was doing. Dont know all the details as the conversation descended into stupidity, but hey he did offer to buy it for $200...

I miss being single

·
Registered
11,780 Posts
Dont know all the details as the conversation descended into stupidity, but hey he did offer to buy it for $200...
"nice job honey, I see there's a 97 accord on craigslist for $200 that just needs a transmission and doesn't have a title. With what he gave you you can get that one"

3921 - 3940 of 6681 Posts