Pirate 4x4 banner

4601 - 4620 of 6681 Posts

·
Registered
5,183 Posts
Yikes. Floss more mkay? :flipoff2:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Went to the dentist for a check up, first in....too many years. I floss almost daily and brush twice a day. Hygienist says I have very healthy well cared for teeth and gums they're just full of FUCKING HOLES.
Apparently some people have more acidic mouths and that leads to a propensity for cavities. I'm one of those lucky guys who gets to buy the dentist's wife a new purse.

·
Registered
3,259 Posts
Went to the dentist for a check up, first in....too many years. I floss almost daily and brush twice a day. Hygienist says I have very healthy well cared for teeth and gums they're just full of FUCKING HOLES.

Apparently some people have more acidic mouths and that leads to a propensity for cavities. I'm one of those lucky guys who gets to buy the dentist's wife a new purse.

That really sucks man. Sounds like your dentist is reasonable. Most are buying their wife a diamond with 4 RC’s.

·
Registered
946 Posts
Bought my wife a Infinity QX70 yesterday. Today she is complaining that its not "practical". Practical?? What's more practical than a luxury SUV that she can stuff all of her shit in and feels/drives like a sports car, and does 0-60 in under 6 seconds? I'll tell you what's more practical, the Porsche 997.2 I was bidding on while on the phone with her today listening to her say "I like the features, but its impractical" for the 20th time. Women, Huh?

·
Registered
3,259 Posts
Dabbling at getting my springs installed on my 4runner. Like an hour every other day has been the average with life in the way. So the rear is going back together and wouldn’t you know some how I lost what probably cant be lost, #dumbass, the top plate for the u bolts. Running a stock setup with OME springs. So now going into thanksgiving weekend, probably the only full weekend I could have to work/finish it, I need to spend 3-4 hours driving to a wrecking yard in hopes they will sell me one for under $50. :homer:
I am working on a gravel driveway so I figured it just got buried. Pulled out my earth magnet put it in a towel and started sweeping the entire area, Nothing. :(

·
Registered
3,044 Posts
Spent the last 3 days 6-8 hours a day installing a stereo system into my new daily driver.

I am getting too damn old for this shit.

My back is killing me and have a headache that wont quit.

I turn 46 next week, I think this is the last good radio I am going to ever have.

My body just can't take laying in all the weird positions.

What is odd to me is why it is taking so long, really it is just a basic system.

I guess I am just getting slower in my old age, I feel like this should have been a day and half project at the most.

I am doing a bunch of really stupid little details that no one will notice, like I installed a voltage display behind the glass that the digital clock sits in.

Still have about 1/2 a day to go, will finish it up this weekend.

·
Registered
3,259 Posts
Dabbling at getting my springs installed on my 4runner. Like an hour every other day has been the average with life in the way. So the rear is going back together and wouldn’t you know some how I lost what probably cant be lost, #dumbass, the top plate for the u bolts. Running a stock setup with OME springs. So now going into thanksgiving weekend, probably the only full weekend I could have to work/finish it, I need to spend 3-4 hours driving to a wrecking yard in hopes they will sell me one for under $50. :homer:
I am working on a gravel driveway so I figured it just got buried. Pulled out my earth magnet put it in a towel and started sweeping the entire area, Nothing. :(

Edit: Got a hold of a guy in town with a toyota stockpile. He is fairly sure I can just have one. He does need to find the box of never going to use that again.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Snowblower has lost self propulsion when it encounters resistance. The flywheel is polished to a shine, the rubber wheel that contacts it has some serious cracks. Tried to adjust it but didnt make much difference going either direction. 6 inches of snow and 3 more days worth of snow coming...

I truly hate my life

·
Registered
11,780 Posts
Bought my wife a Infinity QX70 yesterday. Today she is complaining that its not "practical". Practical?? What's more practical than a luxury SUV that she can stuff all of her shit in and feels/drives like a sports car, and does 0-60 in under 6 seconds? I'll tell you what's more practical, the Porsche 997.2 I was bidding on while on the phone with her today listening to her say "I like the features, but its impractical" for the 20th time. Women, Huh?
buy her a '94 explorer
manual trans manual tcase manual hubs manual windows
Did they make them with the 2.3?
Practical.

·
Registered
11,780 Posts
Snowblower has lost self propulsion when it encounters resistance. The flywheel is polished to a shine, the rubber wheel that contacts it has some serious cracks. Tried to adjust it but didnt make much difference going either direction. 6 inches of snow and 3 more days worth of snow coming...

I truly hate my life
rough up the disc with a 36 grit fiber disc
if the tire comes apart, take the wheel off and form a new one out of window weld urethane, shape it round on the bench grinder once it's hardened
btw, bucket of warm water makes urethane cure faster

·
Registered
2,361 Posts

I truly hate my life
Replace the friction wheel, it is less than $10.

·
Registered
12,994 Posts
You sir, are the master of the humble brag:laughing:

·
Registered
12,603 Posts
I turn 32 on Monday, I feel like I've aged decently. If I shave, I could probably pass for mid 20s. Today I told a few guys at work that Monday was my birthday, the big 4-0. Both didn't even bat an eye. "oh, ya, I remember 40" :(

:laughing:

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
I turn 32 on Monday, I feel like I've aged decently. If I shave, I could probably pass for mid 20s. Today I told a few guys at work that Monday was my birthday, the big 4-0. Both didn't even bat an eye. "oh, ya, I remember 40" :(

:laughing:
That'll teach you to fish for a compliment! :flipoff2:

4601 - 4620 of 6681 Posts