Pirate 4x4 banner

4621 - 4640 of 6681 Posts

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
I got the spot where the new shop is going smoothed off and even this past weekend. I wish I could afford a bigger one but at least I won't be working in the Big Sky garage when I'm done.
Supposed to be going up in 2 weeks and be done by 1st of year. Then I just have to power and gas it - roughed plumbing will be done and I'll finish that in the spring when frost is gone.

·
Registered
3,259 Posts
Bought my wife a Infinity QX70 yesterday. Today she is complaining that its not "practical". Practical?? What's more practical than a luxury SUV that she can stuff all of her shit in and feels/drives like a sports car, and does 0-60 in under 6 seconds? I'll tell you what's more practical, the Porsche 997.2 I was bidding on while on the phone with her today listening to her say "I like the features, but its impractical" for the 20th time. Women, Huh?

I will make you a hell of a deal on a first generation Civic hatchback. Haven’t tried to start it. Engine isn’t frozen. Was told ran when parked. :flipoff2: I bet she loves the practicality of the QX70 after that.
:flipoff2:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
8,792 Posts
I got the spot where the new shop is going smoothed off and even this past weekend. I wish I could afford a bigger one but at least I won't be working in the Big Sky garage when I'm done.
Supposed to be going up in 2 weeks and be done by 1st of year. Then I just have to power and gas it - roughed plumbing will be done and I'll finish that in the spring when frost is gone.
How big ya going?

·
Registered
946 Posts
buy her a '94 explorer
manual trans manual tcase manual hubs manual windows
Did they make them with the 2.3?
Practical.
That's funny. More so because my trail rig is a 1994 Ford Explorer. Not available with the 2.3.

You sir, are the master of the humble brag:laughing:
:D Didn't get the Porsche. I was trying to get the Infinity and the Porsche for less than what my sister paid for her 2020 Acura RDX. Infinity is a spotless 2017, brother is the senior service writer at a Chevrolet dealership and they sold it to me for what they paid as a trade-in.

I will make you a hell of a deal on a first generation Civic hatchback. Haven’t tried to start it. Engine isn’t frozen. Was told ran when parked. :flipoff2: I bet she loves the practicality of the QX70 after that.
:flipoff2:

That's a good plan. I told her she could drive my 2008 1500 Silverado instead.

·
Registered
3,044 Posts
I built my shop about 3 years ago, it was also smaller than I wanted but it was what I could afford.

I freaking love my shop! I don't know how I lived without it.

I added a cheap carport behind it, a Harbor Freight garage next to it, and moved a shed I had on my property already to right next to it. So between all the extra storage I added mostly just my tools and projects are in the shop.

Works out great!

·
Premium Member
13,298 Posts
When you build it, do so in a way that you have a header on the outer back and side walls. So you can cheap/easy build a lean-to off of it.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
[QUOTE='[486]]rough up the disc with a 36 grit fiber disc
if the tire comes apart, take the wheel off and form a new one out of window weld urethane, shape it round on the bench grinder once it's hardened
btw, bucket of warm water makes urethane cure faster[/QUOTE]

Angle grinder will be coming out shortly. Tempted to try making a new friction wheel out of an old v belt. Hopefully I can find one locally tomorrow.

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
I guess I got my real username back since I have not been able to log on since February with it. It kept telling me my password was wrong. I randomly thought I would try it again and it worked. FuckVSS! They can suck my wang. :flipoff:

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Got the snowblower to propel itself a bit better. Not seeing a lot of snow out the chute, I look, yep, impeller to throw snow out the chute spins, auger isnt. Either the gear has lost its teeth in the box, or the key is broke.

In case I haven't mentioned it, I hate my life.

·
Registered
3,259 Posts
I guess I got my real username back since I have not been able to log on since February with it. It kept telling me my password was wrong. I randomly thought I would try it again and it worked. FuckVSS! They can suck my wang. :flipoff:

What was your interim name again?

·
Registered
2,687 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
buy her a '94 explorer

manual trans manual tcase manual hubs manual windows

Did they make them with the 2.3?

Practical.
Agreed. Problem with women, they are air cooled and self lubricating. Last forever.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
How big ya going?
32x40x14'. 12x12 door, 10x8 door, 3' man door. 6 4x3 windows down the sides. 2' overhangs all the way around for aesthetics mostly and to keep water from running down the walls and snow from laying against the foundation. First purchase after completion is a lift.

I built my shop about 3 years ago, it was also smaller than I wanted but it was what I could afford.

I freaking love my shop! I don't know how I lived without it.

I added a cheap carport behind it, a Harbor Freight garage next to it, and moved a shed I had on my property already to right next to it. So between all the extra storage I added mostly just my tools and projects are in the shop.

Works out great!
I've got a shed for garden/yard stuff so that will help.

When you build it, do so in a way that you have a header on the outer back and side walls. So you can cheap/easy build a lean-to off of it.
You read my mind. That is being added to the plans now. I'm going off the front and one side though. I plan on adding a large apron on the front this spring and a carport over it for summer parking and light maintenance. When the weather is right it is nice to work outside in the shade.

I'm setting the back up so I can add length later if I fall into a pile of cash.

·
Registered
114 Posts
In the middle of "self" building a 30x45 stick-built shop in my backyard. This storm is out here is going to make tomorrow suck putting on the truss twist straps. Slightly worried about the water on the naked wood but have been told it should be OK.
Pretty sure my buddy will die laughing when I slip off the iced over ladder as we couldnt stop laughing when he fell off the roof last weekend (he was unharmed).

4621 - 4640 of 6681 Posts