Pirate 4x4 banner

4681 - 4700 of 6681 Posts

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
Found about an hour to work on the 4runner today. Got the drag link removed, extended front brake lines on, drivers side spring snugged up. Tomorrow if time permits I hope to all but wrap this shit show up.
Also found out I have an apparent plug in my passenger front hard line. Haven’t tried hydraulic pressure yet. Just noted that I had no fluid dripping from it when I installed the new lines.

Its always something...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11,780 Posts
Also found out I have an apparent plug in my passenger front hard line. Haven’t tried hydraulic pressure yet. Just noted that I had no fluid dripping from it when I installed the new lines.
if it is higher than the other open lines it'll suck air as the fluid siphons out the other line on that circuit

·
Registered
4,441 Posts
Spent 8 hours on the picket line, at least I leave my dumbbells there so I can be productive:laughing:

Got a solid 4 hours in on this Cummins cam gear, made a goofy 3D puller and heated the hell out of the gear, got it off my core engine, fought me pretty bad, had to stop halfway and heat again, I'm low on acetylene, since I got the plasma cutter I hardly look at the torches, hopefully i have enough for the gear on the good engine:homer:

·
Registered
11,780 Posts
I'm low on acetylene, since I got the plasma cutter I hardly look at the torches, hopefully i have enough for the gear on the good engine:homer:
screw your regulator onto a propane tank instead
you need special tips for cutting, but for heating you can get by with the normal acetylene cutting tip
only problem is that you gotta light it low, add some oxygen, then add more propane, then add oxygen again. Bit of a pain, but way cheaper

·
Registered
4,441 Posts
screw your regulator onto a propane tank instead
you need special tips for cutting, but for heating you can get by with the normal acetylene cutting tip
only problem is that you gotta light it low, add some oxygen, then add more propane, then add oxygen again. Bit of a pain, but way cheaper
Huh, I know some guys use propane instead, do you need an adaptor at the tank? I actually have a set of backup bottles, just not real handy, and I forget if they're full or empty:homer:

·
Registered
11,780 Posts
Huh, I know some guys use propane instead, do you need an adaptor at the tank? I actually have a set of backup bottles, just not real handy, and I forget if they're full or empty:homer:
plops right on there long as you aren't using the wierd little acet tanks

get the propane/propylene/NG cutting tip on ebay for dirt cheap, it's all I use for cutting/heating/brazing any more
just can't weld with it

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
Worked on the 1965 David Brown tractor project last night, hydraulic pump in the transmission seems to be airlocked and wont pump hydraulic fluid. Debating seeing if I can remove the external valves (which seem to possibly be gummed up) and stick a shop vac on the output line to try sucking fluid through the pump.

Aaron Z

·
Registered
7,372 Posts
Told a repo guy to go fuck himself last night.

There's only so many people that live down my road and a wrecker followed me in last night around midnight . Last time that happened it was a guy looking for an amazon delivery truck that got stuck in the ditch while turning around. Figured it was the same case as fedex, amazon, etc run down the road non stop.

I see him shining his spotlight so I walk out to the end of the drive and yell "hey" as he creeps by for the second time. I got a "I'm just trying to do my job" in response. I reply back with "come again?" And jackass responds with "mind your own business."

Thus the go fuck yourself. Guess he figured the cover was blown and he drives off. Come to find out he was looking for the neighbors farmhands newish ram. I dont particularly like the yankee and wouldve told him where it was parked if he was cool. Now they'll have to be super sneaky as its staying in a barn from here on out.

·
Registered
4,441 Posts
Told a repo guy to go fuck himself last night.

There's only so many people that live down my road and a wrecker followed me in last night around midnight . Last time that happened it was a guy looking for an amazon delivery truck that got stuck in the ditch while turning around. Figured it was the same case as fedex, amazon, etc run down the road non stop.

I see him shining his spotlight so I walk out to the end of the drive and yell "hey" as he creeps by for the second time. I got a "I'm just trying to do my job" in response. I reply back with "come again?" And jackass responds with "mind your own business."

Thus the go fuck yourself. Guess he figured the cover was blown and he drives off. Come to find out he was looking for the neighbors farmhands newish ram. I dont particularly like the yankee and wouldve told him where it was parked if he was cool. Now they'll have to be super sneaky as its staying in a barn from here on out.
So..... how much for the motor tranny t case and wiring? :laughing:

·
Registered
682 Posts
Ok. So how much of that do you actualy get?
Cash money:smokin:

My drive time really kills the deal, but it’s a step in the right direction. I was offered the company when he gets outta ca. It had me thinking, but my days are numbered here too.

I’m just having fun. I’m starting all the pups and getting the adults ready for post certification. Dual purpose.

·
Premium Member
822 Posts
Fail on me for not getting a picture today, but by the time I saw what was going on, it was too late.

Saw a lady at the grocery store had made her own motorized wheel chair by attaching one of those electric hover boards in place of the foot plates on her wheelchair. Was surprised how well it was pulling her along.

·
Premium Member
3,499 Posts
Fail on me for not getting a picture today, but by the time I saw what was going on, it was too late.

Saw a lady at the grocery store had made her own motorized wheel chair by attaching one of those electric hover boards in place of the foot plates on her wheelchair. Was surprised how well it was pulling her along.
I've been shopping for electric mobility scooters for myself for the next few months.
But it must have some off road capability. I want to go out in my yard, and the trip to the mailbox down my driveway is gravel.

But I do have a utility truck I can use if I can convert it to hand controls gas and brake.
That'll freak the wife out.

·
Premium Member
822 Posts
I've been shopping for electric mobility scooters for myself for the next few months.

But it must have some off road capability. I want to go out in my yard, and the trip to the mailbox down my driveway is gravel.

But I do have a utility truck I can use if I can convert it to hand controls gas and brake.

That'll freak the wife out.

A uncle through marriage was paralyzed from the waste down. He had converted his 80s model F150 to hand controls. I wish it was still around to get pics as I was too young to appreciate what he had done. Obviously, this was pre-internet.

·
Premium Member
3,499 Posts
A uncle through marriage was paralyzed from the waste down. He had converted his 80s model F150 to hand controls. I wish it was still around to get pics as I was too young to appreciate what he had done. Obviously, this was pre-internet.
I've built several bicycles for handicapped kids over the years. Still have a hand powered prototype hanging in my garage I built for a guy who had Polio. He took the one I finished with him to the Carribbean.(long story)
I could pull it down and add a sidecar to it I guess. But if I had that ability to work in the shop I wouldn't need the bicycle or any mobility kart.

Eventually I'll get the use of at least one foot and my bud has promised to come over to my shop and put the front bumpers on my Dodge and get it running. I can drive it with one foot because it's an automatic. So I'll have that when I get ready to drive again.

It's been one bummer of a day! Going to take some pain killers and try to sleep all night. Which will be a first with this nursing staff.

·
Registered
12,997 Posts
I am down a youtube rabbit hole watching Primus live at Stanford's student radio station in 89 just before they released Frizzle Fry.

·
Registered
5,183 Posts
I've built several bicycles for handicapped kids over the years. Still have a hand powered prototype hanging in my garage I built for a guy who had Polio. He took the one I finished with him to the Carribbean.(long story)
I could pull it down and add a sidecar to it I guess. But if I had that ability to work in the shop I wouldn't need the bicycle or any mobility kart.

Eventually I'll get the use of at least one foot and my bud has promised to come over to my shop and put the front bumpers on my Dodge and get it running. I can drive it with one foot because it's an automatic. So I'll have that when I get ready to drive again.

It's been one bummer of a day! Going to take some pain killers and try to sleep all night. Which will be a first with this nursing staff.

I missed something, wtf happened to you?

4681 - 4700 of 6681 Posts