Pirate 4x4 banner

4721 - 4740 of 6681 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #4,721
Gotta do the air leakdown test before turning on the water! Unless you want to find leaks the hard way. :laughing:
I found it pretty easily!

·
Registered
5,183 Posts
Just officially hooked up the water and turned it on to my house. It's amazing how fast you can completely flood a bathroom. Fml
Guy at work bought a house with a new bathroom 5 years ago. After the third leak into the suite, he decided to redo it. Started last weekend. Demo revealed a bunch of shitty workmanship, he put down new subflooring over the shiplap, poured self leveller, and when the tenant came home, she discovered that it was raining in her suite. She's lived there for 3 months. The weekend before she moved in, was the last leak from the upstairs bathroom, and a bunch of drywall had to be re done.
Figures the 1/2" copper line that was 1/2" from the top of the joist, that he put a 3" screw straight through, was leaking for about 6 hours before it was discovered.
So now he's re redoing the suite ceiling, and he bathroom. And since the upstairs bathroom is out of commission, he went downstairs for a piss Monday night and found his teenage daughter taking selfies in the bathroom at 2am.
He's a little stressed about his life right now.:laughing:

·
Premium Member
1,530 Posts
4.5 years of continuous run time
wtf man
the money that's gone through that fuel line and bucket
Lol no shit but it still starts and runs so I’ll keep it in the fleet. I don’t think the motor has been tore into yet.

We are starting to fatigue break pins. It has a central lubricator so the pins are original. A million cycles later 4” pins break at the cross drill grease hole lol.

·
Premium Member
9,391 Posts
Today’s random issue. I really hate the newer case equipment. It goes and blows the back off the bucket cylinder at 6500 hrs wtf. So I brought in a Deere with 38,000 hours to finish the job lol. The case salesman is not gonna be allowed in my yard again.
Let me guess, garage kept, little old lady drive- to church and the market on Sundays... :flipoff2:

·
Premium Member
1,530 Posts
4.5 years of continuous run time
wtf man
the money that's gone through that fuel line and bucket
You don’t really don’t realize the scope of shit till you take a good look at the details. I had to replace a fuel pump on my service trucks auxiliary fuel tank. It made me sick to my stomach to see that in its life it pumped over 100,000 gallons of fuel. That is crazy especially since the pump was bought in 2008. I have spent 83hours worth of standing around waiting for fuel to pump.

·
Premium Member
1,530 Posts
Let me guess, garage kept, little old lady drive- to church and the market on Sundays... :flipoff2:
Actually even better. It spent the first 3/4 of its life at a union paper mill moving chips. In other words 3/4 of that 3/4 years was spent idling do to it being break time.

·
Premium Member
1,530 Posts
That's pretty amazing. Besides Action Fab you probably have the most impressive setup here. :flipoff2:
I wouldn’t call it awesome. It’s a lifestyle of constantly fixing equipment to keep the shit show rolling. Then when it comes time to working on the fun stuff you just end up saying fuckit. The only good thing is It doesn’t ever feel like work. It’s always fun for the first 12hrs.

·
Registered
11,780 Posts
You don’t really don’t realize the scope of shit till you take a good look at the details. I had to replace a fuel pump on my service trucks auxiliary fuel tank. It made me sick to my stomach to see that in its life it pumped over 100,000 gallons of fuel. That is crazy especially since the pump was bought in 2008. I have spent 83hours worth of standing around waiting for fuel to pump.
I started thinking about shit like that after working on a customer's worn out ford ranger with near 600k miles on it now
at least the last 300k of that has been with nothing but a bath towel on the seat frame

Man, you've put $90k through that filler neck, and won't afford the half hour or so of labor for me to toss in the ranger bench that I've been using at home as a couch? I don't even want money for the seat itself

·
Registered
11,780 Posts
Oh, and it really makes you realize that paying the extra hundred bucks for the high-speed fuel pump and bigger nozzle is totally worth it in every way

·
Premium Member
1,530 Posts
Oh, and it really makes you realize that paying the extra hundred bucks for the high-speed fuel pump and bigger nozzle is totally worth it in every way
It was the $800 big 20 gpm 1” hose gas pump. Only ones faster are the pony motor pumps and I have a have extreme hatred of all small motors.

4721 - 4740 of 6681 Posts