Pirate 4x4 banner

5021 - 5040 of 6681 Posts

·
Registered
7,364 Posts
I've decided to keep my shitbox Honda accord. I bought and fixed up this car for a total of $1400. Was going to give it to my BIL, but hes an ungrateful fuckwad penis.

My two trucks are always hooked up to a trailer or full of shit. So I've been hammering this thing for errands and it just goes. When it does die, itll get parked like the rest if them. Not worth it to learn spanish to try and sell it.

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
I've decided to keep my shitbox Honda accord. I bought and fixed up this car for a total of $1400. Was going to give it to my BIL, but hes an ungrateful fuckwad penis.

My two trucks are always hooked up to a trailer or full of shit. So I've been hammering this thing for errands and it just goes. When it does die, itll get parked like the rest if them. Not worth it to learn spanish to try and sell it.
I've given up trying to be nice to my inlaws. They're all ungrateful.

·
Registered
7,364 Posts
I've given up trying to be nice to my inlaws. They're all ungrateful.
He had a truck that he wrecked, I told him to buy it back from insurance and I would either help him fix it. Or give him more than buy back. He took the money and bought a 15 ford fusion that is quite possibly the reason ford quit making cars. It's been a giant POS. Right now it wont run over 50mph, ford says it needs $9k (new engine), it's worth $7k, and he owes more than that.

I hinted at giving him the Honda, he then asked about how much it would take to get the other cummins trucks I have going and if I would take payments. Showed zero interest about the honda and never asked about it again

Hes going to have a hard life.

·
Premium Member
9,391 Posts
He had a truck that he wrecked, I told him to buy it back from insurance and I would either help him fix it. Or give him more than buy back. He took the money and bought a 15 ford fusion that is quite possibly the reason ford quit making cars. It's been a giant POS. Right now it wont run over 50mph, ford says it needs $9k (new engine), it's worth $7k, and he owes more than that.

I hinted at giving him the Honda, he then asked about how much it would take to get the other cummins trucks I have going and if I would take payments. Showed zero interest about the honda and never asked about it again

Hes going to have a hard life.
Explaining logic and reason to those without it is a lost cause.

My older sisters husband refuses to admit that buying a car is better than leasing. He has been convinced for years leasing is better. Cue my younger sister and her husband, who bought their cars.

Younger sister traded in her bought car for a newer (16) Yukon, for a decent deal, older sister went to do the same and realized that she was upside down (3 times over) in the car.

They are now mad that younger sister has a nicer, newer car that she does.

I told them years ago (literally 14 years ago) they are never going to break even or even come close with leasing. They are finally seeing it.

·
Registered
11,780 Posts
put 140 miles in on pretty much glass-ice roads
more cars in the ditch than on the road, kinda nice
think I only saw 40mph a couple times, it's funny how much better asphalt is than concrete for melting off ice
whole time I was cursing the fact that my tire chains are sitting at home in a paint can under the pizza oven, didn't end up needing them but woulda been nice to have them with jic

·
Premium Member
13,298 Posts
They are now mad that younger sister has a nicer, newer car that she does.

I told them years ago (literally 14 years ago) they are never going to break even or even come close with leasing. They are finally seeing it.
Mad?? "This is some bullshit! Yall more responsible than we are!" :sour bitterface:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

People that want other people to think they have money, get a new car every 2-3 years

People that actually have money have 250k-500k on a nice 15-20yr old vehicle

·
Premium Member
1,530 Posts
Mad?? "This is some bullshit! Yall more responsible than we are!" :sour bitterface:

People that want other people to think they have money, get a new car every 2-3 years

This is the truth.

·
Premium Member
3,499 Posts

You got that right. My ex was always wanting a Mercedes to impress her friends with when we were Married. Truth was we were Blue Collar all the way and her friends were married to Lawyers and such.

Ex now is on husband #3 and driving a leased Mercedes SUV. To top it off they are renting a big home in the best, most expensive part of town
He made good money as a Lobbiest in Austin when they married 5 years ago, but has since lost that job and is in bad health. Kids tell me they are struggling to maintain her lifestyle.

My new wife and I are doing well. Not RICH, but we are retired comfortable. Driving old vehicles and loving them.

Glad she divorced me to marry her boyfriend.

·
Registered
29,929 Posts

and smart people buy ten year old luxury cars for pennies on the dollar and keep them running.

says the guy about to go take apart a BMW.
:laughing:

but for performance parts, not broken.
:D

·
Premium Member
3,499 Posts
and smart people buy ten year old luxury cars for pennies on the dollar and keep them running.

says the guy about to go take apart a BMW.

but for performance parts, not broken.
:D
This!
My son buy 4 yer old Audi's for he and his wife and they always have nice rides.
He teaches Debt Management.

·
Registered
29,929 Posts

well let me tell you the difference between brand new coil overs and 155K mile OEM clapped out shit is remarkable.

backs too low and the fronts too high.
I'm going to drive it a few miles tomorrow and adjst it.
then it's alignment time cause it's pretty fucked right meow.

·
Registered
682 Posts

well let me tell you the difference between brand new coil overs and 155K mile OEM clapped out shit is remarkable.

backs too low and the fronts too high.
I'm going to drive it a few miles tomorrow and adjst it.
then it's alignment time cause it's pretty fucked right meow.
I don’t see coil overs

This is what coil overs look like

·
Registered
22,758 Posts
I don’t see coil overs
Easy on him now. He's into that import scene and anything that goes sprongy in the suspension is a coil coilover to them. It's not his fault, all 18 Fast and Furious movies have led him astray, but he's living his like 1/4 mile at a time and not hurting anyone.

·
Registered
29,929 Posts

·
Registered
682 Posts
the rear of my wagon does not accommodate proper coil overs.

and I didn't take a photo of the front because I went all jojo the wonder monkey and slammed the tires back on so I could see what it looked like.
I don’t blame you. I have done lots of work and taking a pic is never a thought until pbb:flipoff2: post some pics when you get it sitting right

·
Registered
29,929 Posts
I don’t blame you. I have done lots of work and taking a pic is never a thought until pbb:flipoff2: post some pics when you get it sitting right
well I'll take a photo of the front strut for you tomorrow since I'll be lowering it an inch.

unfortunately I have to drop the rear lower to get the spring out and adjust the perch. so that sucks balls.

:(

-1 to wagon.

·
Premium Member
9,391 Posts

Not 'mad' per say, but there is def some contention there. I gave up the conversation with them years ago. They 'always' got a deal when they re leased a car... aka the dealership rolled their negative equity into the new lease, instead of them having a lump sum to pay.... but again I tried.

I buy off lease cars for 50% of the cost, pay them off as fast as I can and then keep it as long as I can.

I have a few nice cars, and a decent truck. Currently one payment, which I don't like, so I am throwing money at it to kill it.

IMO nothing wrong with letting someone else take the big hit on the car value. :grinpimp:

·
Premium Member
9,391 Posts
the rear of my wagon does not accommodate proper coil overs.

and I didn't take a photo of the front because I went all jojo the wonder monkey and slammed the tires back on so I could see what it looked like.

I put some M3 control arms on mine, holy hell did that make a difference.

I am sure you know, but make sure the a arm has load on it when you tighten everything back up...

I had my BMW back on the road for a few days, and now it is acting up again. No idea WTF is going on, almost seems like its not getting fuel on a cold start. Like no line pressure.

But in the time it was running, I did manage to mark my territory. Not bad for an open diff car, and my first time attempting to do such in said car.

Attachments

5021 - 5040 of 6681 Posts