Pirate 4x4 banner

5801 - 5820 of 6681 Posts

·
Registered
29,929 Posts
hahaha
it is a ford escape
just let it die
it needs ball joints and everything else, and the subframe is rusted through in the rf corner next to the CV axle
lol.
that's the same shit my brother said.

I'm trying to pull it out the top like the youtube told me I could so I could avoid doing the entire passenger side suspension and brake line, cause I am no touching any of that fucking shit.

it's loose. I quit after an hour of trying to extract up up the firewall.

very close.
just have to find the right angle of the dangle.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Having a fucked up week. Got a shitty ass raise at work. The damn k2500 still won't start. Something is clunking and popping on the 4runner and I can't dig in and fix it till I get the gmc running as backup vehicle to get to work. I ordered a heated jacket on Amazon for my tiny girlfriend who is always freezing and it didn't come with a battery or charger. Amazon sent another which did not come with them either. They sent a third one, which of course didn't come with a battery and charger. Amazon has been awesome with this but the seller is is asking for my phone number to arrange for a shipment of the battery and charger.....but I can't hear on the damn phone. They been emailing me so why do they need to call?

Stupid little shit things but it is irritating.

·
Registered
11,780 Posts
lol.
that's the same shit my brother said.

I'm trying to pull it out the top like the youtube told me I could so I could avoid doing the entire passenger side suspension and brake line, cause I am no touching any of that fucking shit.

it's loose. I quit after an hour of trying to extract up up the firewall.

very close.
just have to find the right angle of the dangle.
iirc it comes out the bottom without much hassle
def no brake hydraulics coming apart
might have to pull the right axle carrier bearing mount and stuff a scissor jack against the oil pan to get the motor moved over enough

·
Registered
7,364 Posts
The woman and I spent all week looking at houses/property.

I cannot trust 99% of people who say they have a "shop". Nobody understands the concept of a drive through, ceiling was too low, dumbest position/location on the property. One had the septic field between the main drive and shop, what the actual fuck. And why can't a motherfucker make a strait driveway. Every single drive feels the needs to swoop left and right for no reason, with a slab wide enough for a model T. I'm up to about 20 hard no and 1 meh.

Bright side it was a good experience to show the woman what I need. It went from "but I like xyz, can we just take a look?" to "yeah, that's dumb". Nothing about this whole experience is exciting to me, but she is plum giddy about it. We're now down to just find a halfass decent house on 5+ acres, hoping some dipshit didnt make any improvements that I would to have to tear down.

My other problem is bad math. So the raw land is $100k, that's a $200k house on a good day, you want $400k why now? Nah, it makes no sense why it's been on the market for 9 months.

·
Registered
29,929 Posts
escape update.

pirate has made me realize that I'm not working on anything that anyone gives a fuck about.
so the grinder came out and metal was made to not be in the way on the firewall.

It's just the plenum for the HVAC intake, so some foil tape will seal it back up.

fucking done.

should have reverted back to type last night and just gotten out the death wheel.

full hack mechanic.

·
Premium Member
815 Posts
The woman and I spent all week looking at houses/property.

I cannot trust 99% of people who say they have a "shop". Nobody understands the concept of a drive through, ceiling was too low, dumbest position/location on the property. One had the septic field between the main drive and shop, what the actual fuck. And why can't a motherfucker make a strait driveway. Every single drive feels the needs to swoop left and right for no reason, with a slab wide enough for a model T. I'm up to about 20 hard no and 1 meh.

Bright side it was a good experience to show the woman what I need. It went from "but I like xyz, can we just take a look?" to "yeah, that's dumb". Nothing about this whole experience is exciting to me, but she is plum giddy about it. We're now down to just find a halfass decent house on 5+ acres, hoping some dipshit didnt make any improvements that I would to have to tear down.

My other problem is bad math. So the raw land is $100k, that's a $200k house on a good day, you want $400k why now? Nah, it makes no sense why it's been on the market for 9 months.

Good luck, it’s a awful process. My wife and I looked at well over 40 homes before buying our current one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,942 Posts
If anyone knows a good trick for getting gear oil out of a trunk carpet I'm all ears. Washing it in the sink didn't do shit except leave a pink cat in the hat ring (which came out easily with brake cleaner, yes I did laundry afterwards and it smells fine).

Edit: Like this but in my washing machine.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
If anyone knows a good trick for getting gear oil out of a trunk carpet I'm all ears. Washing it in the sink didn't do shit except leave a pink cat in the hat ring.
Take it out, take it to the carwash and spend $15 in quarters?
Might scrub in Dawn dish soap with a brush first as a presoak.

Aaron Z

·
Registered
7,364 Posts
Good luck, it’s a awful process. My wife and I looked at well over 40 homes before buying our current one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I fucking hate realtors than I ever did before. The selling agent knows jack shit, the buyers agent has their head their ass. Playing telephone through multiple people doesn't get the point across. I'm used to making people show their cards face to face, this whole process is bullshit.

·
Registered
943 Posts
I fucking hate realtors than I ever did before. The selling agent knows jack shit, the buyers agent has their head their ass. Playing telephone through multiple people doesn't get the point across. I'm used to making people show their cards face to face, this whole process is bullshit.
I bought my house 19 years ago, and the whole realtor experience still gets my blood pressure up every time I think about it.

We signed on with (what we thought at the time) was a decent/hard working realtor. She showed us every house on the MLS and got us into 1 or 2 that weren't even listed yet. After the first 2 or 3 places, every house was, "Oh my God, I NEED to tell my Husband about this place, its goorrrgeous!", "All you need to do is XYZ (to the tune of $100k) to make it exactly the way you want!!!!", or "We need to go NOW or this place is going to sell before we get there!!!!"

We gave her the boot, and 2 days later got a voicemail from a random realtor in town about my current place. "Go take a look at :insertaddress: and let me know if you'd like to take a look inside". We fell in love immediately and have been happy ever since. There was no bullshit and I would like to think realtor v2.0 made a decent chunk of change from a simple phone call, a little bit of research, and a no pressure attitude.

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
The woman and I spent all week looking at houses

I cannot trust 99% of people who say they have a "shop"
This will probably keep me and my gf from living together. She's good with $, and has her own, but I'm unwilling to take on even half a mortgage without the room/ plan/ lack of HOA for a shop. She thinks she gets it, but shows me mc mansions in HOA neighborhoods with a 3 car garage. Nope. So I point out all the nice shops on back roads when we travel.
That's a nice shop
That's a nice shop
That's a nice shop
That's a nice shop
That's a nice shop
That's a fire station
Yeah, but....:laughing:

·
Pavement Challenged
1,699 Posts
Pussy.

I am looking at anything between Yadkinville, Mocksville, Lexington, Highpoint and Tobaccoville. (New job in WS)

I have see 50 plus houses over the last 2.5 months looking for a house with a shop. I mean real shop, 2500+ Sq ft. I have found 1 with 1600 Sq ft that was worth a damn and it needed a new roof on a $300K+ listing price.

I keep telling the agent, 1600-1800 sq ft house with BIG shop and they have no fucking clue.

Started looking at land and a Barndominium as an alternate.

·
Registered
15,490 Posts
you guys having trouble finding the right house to buy ever stop to think maybe what you want to buy isnt for sale? :homer: :laughing: :flipoff2:

·
Registered
10,513 Posts
I gauranfuckingtee that the conversation I had with my buddy was one of the strangest I’ve ever had. It was a mix between thinking he was joining a cult, becoming a cult leader, starting his own church after buying property in AZ and he is our lord and savior and all the jobs he’s had have prepared him for this next step(hydro, solar, etc). Oh and that the corona virus is the next plague meant to teach everyone a lesson. Nothing happens for a reason, it’s all gods plan, etc.

No
I’m not buying a trailer/RV/camper
I’m not moving to AZ to live until this whole corona virus thing “blows over”

I sat there for an hour straight with him talking/explaining how this way of thinking all came to him realizing he’s a savior...or something.
It was difficult :(

5801 - 5820 of 6681 Posts